// Sh. Hamza Videos!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Leadership: The Prophet said: 'On a journey, the leader of the group is their servant.' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Shu'ab Al-Îmân Al-Bayhaqî)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sh. Hamza Videos!  (Read 4474 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: Nov 08, 2008 02:49 AM »

salaam

so Hamza Yusuf is just so incredibly awesome MashAllah. I wish I could live next to him, but I bet he would be so annoyed considering I would want to ask him every question in the book.

UmmWafi
Sis

Reputation Power: 12
UmmWafi has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2008 12:49 PM »

Salam

Its a short video..talking abt the main crisis in the Muslim world.  enjoy.

Wassalam

Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2008 08:32 PM »

hmm... what's up with the animal statues and paintings of living things?

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
UmmWafi
Sis

Reputation Power: 12
UmmWafi has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2008 03:35 AM »

Salam Sis Kathy

The interview was done at his office in my school.  The school deals with every aspect of Islamic learning including art history and aesthetics. Animal statues and paintings of living things has always been part of Islamic art. Plus there are school of thoughts that talked abt that being permissible in certain context.

Im not excusing him...just wanna show the spirit of education we have there. At least in the past Sad

Wassalam
UmmZ
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
UmmZ has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009 04:55 AM »

Asalaam alaikum,

The interview by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/Zeemax/videos/121/

UmmZ
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2009 09:42 PM »

This is a sweet interview with this mother and sister on his Arabic show on MBC. It's in English so you can understand!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: