Madinat al-Muslimeen CommunityBeyond City LifeThe Silk RoadIslamic PoetryTopic: Poem From The Diwan Of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn-Habib al-Amghari.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poem From The Diwan Of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn-Habib al-Amghari.  (Read 2086 times)
Abu-Fauzi
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Abu-Fauzi has no influence :(

« on: Nov 10, 2009 09:19 PM »

REFLECTION
          Reflect upon the beauty of the workmanship with
             which land and sea are made, and openly...secretly, busy yourself
                                                       with the attributes of Allah.
             In the self and on the horizon is the greatest witness to the limitlessness
                                                                                perfections of Allah.
            If you were to concern yourself with the physical bodies and their perfection
                                                        of form and their inner connection, like a string of pearls;
            If you were to concern yourself with the secrets of the tongue and it's articulation, and its
                                             expression of what you conceal in your breast:
            If you were to concern yourself with the secrets of all the limbs and the ease with which they
                                                                                                                  obey the heart:
            If you were to concern yourself with the turning of the hearts to obedience, and how they
                                                                       sometimes move to disobedience:
            If you were to concern yorself with the secrets of the oceans and its fish, and its endless waves
                                                                    held back by an unconquerable barrier,
            If you were to concern yourself with the secrets of the winds........
            Then you would believe in tauhid with a firm belief, and you would turn from illusions, doubt and
                                                                                                                                the other.
            You would say:'My God, You are my desire and my goal and my fortress against evils,
                                                                                           injustice and deceit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
 Madinat al-Muslimeen CommunityBeyond City LifeThe Silk RoadIslamic PoetryTopic: Poem From The Diwan Of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn-Habib al-Amghari.
Jump to: