Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Such stuff as dreams are made of...interpreted by Ibn Sireen.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Book Burnings  (Read 923 times)
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« on: Nov 11, 2009 09:43 PM »

As salaamu alaykum
Still with no computer-so my apologies to all posters that i should have responded to. Time is limited on library computers!

Anyone remember the book burning eras? Today there was somthing similar to book burnings of eras ago. Except it was CD burnings.
I was told to take all of Imam Anwar al-Awlaki's cds off of the sherlves because of the current news articles. They even removed the list of his cds from the masjid's web site.

It is so sad because he really is a good speaker and I have appreciated all the lectures we have of his.

The sad thing is even I don't want to bring them to my home in case there was ever a raid and i would have to explain why I have all of his lectures.

Any thoughts?

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2009 10:28 PM »

wsalam,

it is very sad. his early lectures are excellent and well-spoken. i think some things happened to him in later years that traumatized him and changed his views towards the west and the wars. other scholars have repudiated him, although he has still never said anything strange in any of his recorded cd sets. i even have to wonder if he is in jail somewhere and ppl are posting things on his behalf. alllahu alam who knows.

Nafs
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2009 03:12 AM »

Walaikum Asalaaam

how about giving the cd's to different people who are actually interested ?

I think i shall try to research on this and see what happened bec I heard a slight reference last night ..but the topic was waived off ..so no idea what's really going on :|
nuh
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2009 07:09 PM »

As salaam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Book burnings -- TODAY!!!

I have been working in a masjid library where just a few short months ago a brother removed and burned over 1600 religious books that had been collected to deepen the knowledge of the local believers.

May Allah, the Most High, forgive us and him for our shortcomings. Ameen.

Inne uhibbuka fee'lah!!!!
Ma'as salaama,
nuh ibn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: