// Dont know how to do!!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer.” Muhammad Ali quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dont know how to do!!  (Read 1593 times)
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« on: Dec 03, 2009 08:56 AM »

As salaam o aley kum,
I have a couple of problems and i really thank god that i have realized that i have these problem because for a good part of my life there was no realization of this, and when realization came it was not strong enough to motivate me into finding the solutions for it.
I am born Muslim, and from a country where Muslims a terribly influenced by non-muslim ways of life. To the extent that boys openly demand dowry for girls side. And growing up in this atmosphere (though I can still count my family among the least polluted ones) I never realized the importance of being absolutely steadfast in prayers. I realized it only after i had my own boy( now two years old) but i still cant get regular and  that is my problem. Despite trying really hard and after spells of regular prayers i miss a prayer or two for some silly reason and then go on missing them endlessly.
My second problem is teaching Islam to my boy. That i have found in time but if someone can tell me how to educate a2 year old boy about Islam it would be great. But the serious one is the first problem: how to be steadfast in my prayers......
The Humble Muslim
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
The Humble Muslim has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2009 02:41 PM »

Wa alaikum as salam sister

May Allah bless you for your concern.  Even if you miss a pray, at least you feel bad about it, which many people don't.

So here are a few points.

• Realise that the prayer comes first and foremost before anything else, and that ANY other action - be it family, work, play, entertainment, whatever - is secondary
  • ALWAYS work our beforehand exactly when you are going to find the time to pray.  Plan your whole day in advance with this in mind.
  • Read the ayats in the Quran and the hadith about the importance of prayer, and inculcate them in your mind.  Both the ones which talk about the rewards, and the ones that talk about the punishments of those who miss their prayers.  But a word of caution, stick to those hadith which are known to be authentic.  There's an email going around with a lot of unauthentic hadith about the punishments of missing prayer, dont even look at those kind of things

I'm sure others can give you advice here too.  As for your child.... the best way to preach is to practice.  First and foremost, a parent needs to SHOW his/her children what a muslim is, not tell them.

Hope this helps.
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2009 05:59 AM »

As salam o alaiy kum,
brother, the humble muslim,
thank you so much!! I think planning my prayer times, that is the point i needed! thanks really!!
The Humble Muslim
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
The Humble Muslim has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2009 05:51 PM »

Salam Sister Aazeen

Here is a very good article on salah which you, I and all muslims on the board will find very useful:

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/salah-the-forgotten-life%E2%80%99s-purpose
mutmainna87
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2009 11:40 PM »

salam'aleykum warahmatullah........

1st problem..... the solution is to know n to love Allah. to know Allah as a god of universe is to know that we r juz a weak slave. remember the time of death. remind urself maybe that is the last time u will pray for every prayer time. help urself by make an effort to steadfast in praying. lastly u have to ask Allah to make u strong........

2nd problem........educate ourselves before we educate our children. islam teach to do good things.....so try to be good and teach him as u teach urself but remember the level is different. they will ask so many questions....if u ask him to do good things, for sure u muz do what u said. not juz saying but not doing. this will juz make him confused. y u said but not doing?.....start with something basic about islam. i maen about who is Allah,prophet... 5 basic pillars in islam and others.

this is only my opinion. this is a reminder 4 me also. it could be right and it could be wrong. correct me if im wrong. thank u. salam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: