Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Now playing: Famous Muslim literary quotes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When the obvious is not...  (Read 1021 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Dec 04, 2009 06:09 AM »

Asalaam Alaikum All,

When the obvious is not obvious, when you think come on - that is common sense, when you think you know it but you don't.  And then you it is brought up and it hits you and you take stock or ponder it or even realize you assume a lot sometimes without meaning to.

The day before Eid-Ul-Adha, my sister and I listened to a question and answer session on Iqra Radio (the only Islamic FM Radio in Nairobi serving Muslim needs in the whole country - Kenya) in the evening.  One of the questions was: "Since Eid is falling on Friday, does one need to pray the Dhur Jumaa Salah (or Zuhur depending on the different prounciations/spellings of that Salah)?"  And apparently, several people had asked the same question.  The Sheikh responding said that the Jumaa Salah is mandatory regardless of Eid falling on a Friday.  He gave examples of Hadiths supporting his answer and went on further to explain that Eid Salah is Eid Salah, PERIOD.  The Jumaa Salah is Jumaa Salah which need to be performed as usual.

My sister and I looked at each other and we wondered why people were even asking such a question!  Then we realized it was indeed a question that needed to be asked not because it seemed stupid but obviously, it was something that needed to be addressed to help those who were asking, those who may have had the same question but could not ask for one reason or another and those who assumed (like me), that it is OK to address the obvious too.

On Eid Day, the same question was addressed in the Khutba!  Hadiths were narrated that indicated and confirmed that Jumaa Salah is to be prayed as usual even if Eid fell on Friday.  It was done at all different and several grounds on which Eid Salah was being prayed country wide. Allahu Akbar! 

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2009 10:43 AM »

ws,

I believe it was asked because it was a genuine question. And I also believe there are some schools of thought which believe Jumah on the day of Eid is not obligatory Allahu alam Someone can look up the different positions, but they must have their various evidence too... so indeed the obvious is never obvious when it comes to Islam Wink
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2009 11:10 AM »

Strange... it was discussed in this part of the world also, if not maong scholars, at least among the commoners   Smiley

BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2009 05:35 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

I believe it might have been linked to an email doing the rounds linking to a fatwa at Islam Q&A on the topic.

It probably highlights the fact that some fatwas have to be taken into context and cannot necessarily be universally applied!

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: