Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hajj Fraudsters :( Beware!  (Read 131 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2791

I heart the Madina

« on: Oct 08, 2013 01:21 PM »

Salam,

This is the first time I've heard of this, so thought I'd post a warning for people to be very careful and do a lot of research before going with a group.. Apparently it's getting too common because the number of VISAs are so limited recently. Perhaps they don't mean to do it on purpose but they take peoples money... thousands of dollars/pounds and then at the last minute can't give visa's and do not return people's money!!

In the UK you can report these to, Associationof British Hujjaj (Pilgrims) U.K. Not sure what you can do in the US....

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1248

« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2013 01:29 PM »

OMG.

Subhanallah, that's really disgusting, how could people do that?

Can Hajjis sort out their own visas and join the groups with visas already in place?

Oh Subhanallah I'm disgusted at how low some Muslim's can fall.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1248

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2013 01:32 PM »

I'd take them to court....and sue the crap out of them

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2791

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2013 01:35 PM »

The travel agents just declare bankruptcy, and on their side they claim they can't give the money back because they've already paid the airlines, hotels and other fees....also some try to pay OTHER agencies to get their alotted visas at the last minute and then ask desperate hujjaj for an extra £500-£1000 pounds to get a "guaranteed visa". It's horrible.

Update: Here's a video MCB just put out today.

Hajj fraud: national awareness campaign

Shahida
Sis

Reps: 477

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2013 08:00 PM »

SubhanAllah, this is terrible. Heard similar stories about south african hujaaj being stranded, no hotels despite having paid etc. greedy agents take money and know they wont have anywhere to house the hujaaj.  Really think more strict rules should apply. Everyone is happy to get on the agent bandwagon, because you can literally become a millionaire overnight. Seriously dont have to work for the rest of the year...but how many actually fulfil their obligations?  I tell you, i know more rotten apples than good guys. May Allah protect and save us from unscrupulous people.  Hajj is difficult, even if you live in a 5star hotel, may Allah make it eaier for those who face extra trials, inshaAllah. Very disheartening...

Baji
Sis

Reps: 334

« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2013 08:21 PM »

A few years ago my husband and I were the victims of hajj scammers.... In retrospect the best way to select an agency is to 1. Select an agent from the ministry of hajj website as there are only a few agencies that are allowed to directly get hajj visas. The second and perhaps more important is to check that they are ATOL registered then even if they do a runner atoatol makes
good any funds lost and is also able to prosecute...
Baji

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: