// Protecting the Eyes
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Put aside your pride, Set down your arrogance, And remember your grave. - Ali ibn Abu Talib (radiAllahu anhu)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Protecting the Eyes  (Read 1912 times)
islamweb20
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
islamweb20 has no influence :(

« on: Dec 13, 2009 02:21 AM »

Protecting the Eyes
by Faqih al-Ummah Shaykh Mahmud al-Hasan al-Gangohi (ra)

SUMMARY OF LETTER:

Hazrath Mufti Saheb,

I cannot protect my eyes (from sin). Please advise me on how to overcome this malady.

REPLY:

Beloved Brother

Allah Ta’ala has created natural means for the protection of the eyes from all sin. With every eye Allah Ta’ala has created two shutters — one at the top and another at the bottom. When one’s sight falls in the wrong place, immediately close both these shutters.

There is also another means of uprooting this disease (of gazing at ghair mahrams — women with whom marriage is permissible). Sit in solitude, close your eyes and recite the following verse:

Does he not know that verily Allah is watching. [96:14]

(the Arabic should be recited — Surah 96 Verse 14).

While reciting this verse ponder over the following: "If I am in the presence of my father, Ustaadh, or spiritual mentor and a strange woman (ghair mahram) had to pass, would I look at her? Most definitely not. How can I then look at any woman in the presence of Allah who is watching at all times???"

Practice this for ten minutes every day. Over and above that whenever you get the opportunity ponder over this until it becomes firmly embedded in the heart.

May Allah Ta’ala help you.

(Maktoobat Faqihul Ummah V.1 pg. 42)

Source: http://attalib.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-post.html
islamweb20
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
islamweb20 has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2009 03:08 AM »

A Thought to Bring Life to Your Prayer
Posted by Hamza Karamali

In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful and Compassionate

Imam Bukhari narrates that a certain Companion heard a man recite qul huwa allahu ahad repeatedly at night. When morning came, he went to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) and told him about what he had heard, deeming slight and paltry the repeated recitation of such a short sura. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said in response, “By the One in whose hand is my soul, it indeed equals a third of the Quran.”

Scholars mention that variegating what one recites in prayer helps increase one’s focus and presence of heart. It takes effort, though, to prevent a recalcitrant nafs from “just getting it over with” by quickly reciting qul huwa allahu ahad for the hundredth time instead of pausing to select another sura.

Intelligent diplomacy will often achieve more than war, and with less effort to boot. If you find an urge to recite qul huwa allahu ahad, use this hadith to bring Allah’s tremendous generosity to your mind, and recite the sura with grateful veneration instead of impatient exasperation, and diplomacy may improve your prayer more than war.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: