// Abu Bakr - Strongest of Companions
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: [When somebody spills tea on your carpet] "Don't be like 'Do you know how much that cost me? Look at what you just did', you should be like 'Oh, no-no-no don't worry about it, I love tea on my carpet'"- Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abu Bakr - Strongest of Companions  (Read 1861 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Dec 24, 2009 10:44 AM »

The Strongest of the Companions in Iman

Bismillah

On the authority of Abu Huraira (Ra) who said the Messenger of Allah (SWT) (saw) prayed the morning prayer, then he faced the people and said: ‘While a man was leading a cow,he began to ride it and beat it. So the cow said to him: ‘we were not created for this, rather we were created for ploughing.’ So the people said: ‘Subhana Allaah a cow spoke!’ The Messenger of Allah (SWT) (saw) said: ‘Indeed I believe this, me and Abu Bakr and Umar.’ Even though they were not present.

Prohpet Muhammad continued: ‘While a man was with some sheep, suddenly a wolf attacked them and took away one sheep from amongst them. The shepherd called the sheep as if trying to rescue it from the wolf. The wolf said to him: ‘You want to rescue it from me, so who will protect it on the day when the predatory animal comes, the day when it has no shepherd other than me.’ So the people said: ‘Subhanallah, a wolf spoke. The Messenger of Allah (SWT) (saw) said: ‘Indeed I believe this, me and Abu Bakr and Umar.’ Even though they were not present.

Hafidh Ibn Hajr said: ‘It is possible that the Prophet (saw) said that due to what he knew of their overwhelming Iman and the strength of their certainty.

On the authority of Abu Huraira -(Ra)- who said the Messenger of Allah (SWT) (saw) said: There was a man walking wearing a garment whose appearance impressed his own self. Allah (SWT) made the ground swallow him up and he kept tumbling down into it until the Day of Judgement.’ Abu Bakr and Umar testified to it, while Abu Bakr and Umar were not present.

On the authority of Ayyoob who said: that AbdurRahmaan bin Abu Bakr said to his father (Abu Bakr): I saw you on the day of Uhud but I avoided you. So Abu Bakr said: ‘if I had seen you I would not have avoided you.’

On the authority of Umar: ‘If the Iman of Abu Bakr was weighed against the Iman of the people of the earth, the Iman of Abu Bakr would outweigh the others.’

On the authority of Aa’ishah who said: ‘I swear by Allah (SWT) that Abu Bakr left drinking alcohol in pre-Islaamic times and he did not doubt in Allah (SWT) after having accepted Islam.’

On the authority of Ibn Shihaab who said: ‘From the excellence of Abu Bakr is that he never ever doubted in Allah (SWT) – even for an hour.’

On the authority of Bakr bin Abdullah who said: ‘Indeed the people did not prefer Abu Bakr because he would pray and fast more than them, rather they preferred him due to something his heart

Wasalaam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: