Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help and prayers........please !!!!  (Read 2197 times)
peace
Sis

Reps: 214

« on: Dec 21, 2009 06:58 AM »

Salaam brothers and  sisters,
This year my husband and I intend to go for hajj(from India) Smiley. All of it materialized suddenly from out of nowhere. And Iam so happy!! Smiley Smiley Smiley But the ony probem is that my husband works in a non-musim organization and has a non-muslim manager....... Embarrassedand all our hajj plan depends completely on whether my husband gets a 35 day leave or not Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..........so brothers and sisters pleeeeeeeeze pray for us that the manager gets convinced and allows leave.
Besides that if any of you can tell me how exactly to approach the manager for this conversation  Huh? and if there are any duas for it .............
please help and pray Smiley
And yes the second hurdle is to get our names in the lottry of the hajj commitee (since there are too many applicants to go and hajj commitee can undertake a limited number, they conduct a lottry)........PRAYERS FOR THIS TOOO PLEASE Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
  Embarrassed

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2770

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2009 02:07 PM »

wsalaam,

35 days seems like a lot! do you guys really need that many days to go to Hajj? Maybe you can find a package that goes for a lesser amount of time. I think it's good that your husband is approaching his manager now. I think if he has saved up that many days he can start talking about maybe going and letting his manager know about it. That way they can plan and he can plan.Although this lottery thing seems hard. When do they let you know that you're allowed to go? Maybe you should wait until you know you can really go before bringing it up.

peace
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2009 02:18 PM »

Thanks for the reply sr Jannah,
yes 35 days is a lot but thats the kind of packges we have here give or take a few days..........the lottry result will come just 1-2 monts before haj time...........cant wait till then to talk to management...........
Its all very uncertain..only the prayers can help!!!!

doninapond
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2009 03:43 PM »

Speak to your agent about reducing days, if he can't do it speak to other agents.

Ilyas
Bro

Reps: 24

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2009 03:57 PM »

Walaikum,

I agree with jannah, 35 days is a long time. Talk to different agents to see if you can find a shorter one. My uncle his wife and another uncle of mine all went together along with my grandmother. They had gone for 10 days i think. I am sure you can find something like that. You'll be in our prayers though don't worry. Very happy for you and your husband, inshaAllah you'll get it. And about the manager, talk to him now about the possibility and the process so he knows ahead of time.

Assalamu Alaikum

peace
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2009 06:34 AM »

Thanks br Iliyas for your prayers! Smiley
Thanks sr doninapond for your advice  Smiley but agents are expensive and often unreliable so we will be going thru hajj commitee and they usually have long packages......

Besides my husband talked to his manager yesterday. Manager said "lets see". he did not say NO altogether...... Smiley Smiley Smiley he will decide according to the work scenario at that time
Thanks all those who have prayed  Smiley Smiley Smiley and please keep praying

doninapond
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2009 02:44 PM »

What you should do is see how much the employer is willing to give you and then speak to your agent. In this case the Huj committee is the agent. They do packages, and it is easier to reduce your time there than extend your time there, but both are possible.
Just because they have booked hotels, doesn't mean you have to stay in them for everyday of the booking, All it means is you might have to pay for the full 6 weeks of the booking even though you have only used them for 10 days. If you are willing to do that, and later flights are available to go there, and earlier ones are available to get back, your committee should not have a problem with it.

peace
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2009 04:25 PM »

Thanks Sr. doninapond

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: