Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 25, 2014 06:24 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Once more into the quran, dear friends, once more.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: White Indian/Bengali Wedding dresses - Sis only  (Read 8263 times)
ashg1989
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
ashg1989 has no influence :(

« on: Dec 22, 2009 06:04 AM »

Assalamu alaikum my dear sisters, please help. lol. I am to get married sometime next year, but I need help. The man I am to marry wants me to wear cultural dress. He is indian and bengali culture. He has been showing me pics of the dresses, but they don't really seem that modest to me. I need help on choosing a design. My family is christian and want me to marry in white. He wants me to marry in red, or prefers it more. But said that I could choose any color I wanted as long as it is cultural.
Please help me.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2009 09:44 AM »

Walaikum salaam,

Congrats! I suggest you get a lengha (skirt top thing with a dupatta) that is white and has a lot of beads on it. It would be fancy enough to go with both types of weddings. Or if you want wear one red bengali dress (modified to be more modest) to one event or half of the event and then change into the white gown. I've seen both done and it seems to keep both families happy.

I'll try to find some pictures if you like, but it's probably best to go shopping to find what is available in your area.

ashg1989
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2009 01:07 AM »

Walaikum salaam,

Congrats! I suggest you get a lengha (skirt top thing with a dupatta) that is white and has a lot of beads on it. It would be fancy enough to go with both types of weddings. Or if you want wear one red bengali dress (modified to be more modest) to one event or half of the event and then change into the white gown. I've seen both done and it seems to keep both families happy.

I'll try to find some pictures if you like, but it's probably best to go shopping to find what is available in your area.

Thanks. I would really appreciate some pictures, cause the store that he is going to have me go look in is in nyc, and that will be like not too many days before the wedding, and that is like 3 months away inshallah. So yes I would appreciate some examples to keep in mind. Thank you.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2009 05:59 AM »

ws,

well the only problem is i have pictures of 'designer type dresses' which are $$ but i'll post some anyway to give u some ideas! btw check out the wedding dress thread there are a ton of beautiful pictures in there too. in fact i might merge these threads later on...  bebzi

btw as mentioned b4 these are mostly runway pieces not meant to be worn in that fashion, so just think about making it looser, longer, adding sleeves a higher neck, adding a hijab, putting a red dupatta on top etc etc and you can figure out how it would look nice on ur wedding day!!  princesssis
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2009 06:03 AM »

More
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2009 06:07 AM »

last
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2009 10:47 AM »

salam

Oh my they're all sooo pretty.

My favourite is the long sleeved one in the first pic.....

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2009 10:03 PM »

ws,

I LOVE that one too. There's a similar one I posted in the wedding thread with the same over thing and a different inner layer. It's SOOO GORGEOUS. Just desi/regency/beautiful/exquisite craftsmanship everything i love at once Wink but then i looked up some of her pricing and that dress is about $8,000-$10,000 US DOLLARS. About the same price as a nice newish car!!! So  :'(
ashg1989
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Mar 08, 2010 02:24 PM »

wow they are so beautiful. thank u very much for the examples.   purplehijabisis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: