Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Apr 24, 2014 09:33 AM

News:

A rakah a rakah! My kingdom for a rakah!'

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Islamic Book Club  (Read 2643 times)
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« on: Dec 30, 2009 10:37 PM »

Assalam alaikom Brothers and Sisters  flowersis

I was thinking of starting a thread about Islamic books you have read that have helped you.

1. increased knowledge
2. inspired you
3. brought you closer to Allah (swt)
4. Taught you more about the Prophets (saw) and Companions (RA)
5. Anything else you might want to share Smiley

I will start with some of the books I have read and I am currently reading, that I recommend.

1. The Alchemy of happiness by Imam Abu Hamid al-Ghazali http://www.amislam.com/alchemy.htm
2. Stories of the Prophets by Al-Imam Ibn Kathir http://www.worldofislam.info/ebooks/Stories%20Of%20The%20Prophets%20By%20Ibn%20Kathir.pdf
3. Prophet Muhammed by Karen Armstrong
4. Fortress of the Muslim http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/
5. Poor Man's Book of Assistance by Sidi Ahmed Zarruq

Happy Reading Smiley May Allah grant us knowledge, bringing us all closer to Him. Ameen

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
maryamarub
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
maryamarub has no influence :(

VERILY ALLAH IS WITH THOSE WHO ARE PATIENT

« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2010 06:50 PM »

SALAM,
THE IDEAL MUSLIMAH
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2010 07:48 PM »

Salaam -

One that I started this summer and read in between studying, was the classic seerah - The Sealed Nectar - I have a little bit left, so when I get home next month, insha'allah, will finish it up.

I just ordered al-Ghazali's Duties of Brotherhood, after Br. lucid said it was amazing.

Others I've read:

1.The Karen Armstrong biography that you mention Sr. Christine
2. Martin Lings' Muhammad: From the Earliest Sources

I have to admit, I haven't read a lot of the classic Islamic authors, so that is something I want to work on in whatever time I have left.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
worshipper
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2010 12:23 PM »

salaam.i was given a book in 2006 and was told this book will change youre life forever.it was called DONT BE SAD.after a few chapters i was in tears and wallahi it has changed me and my way of thinking.it is such an inspiration.now whenever i go to the shop i always pick it up if i see it but most of the time it is sold out.and you mention FORTRESS OF THE MUSLIM i have bought that little book countless times.hundreds lol.a great gift just to hand out to strngers in the street.now  know what the title means.it really is youre fortress against iblis.these are 2 books i always have near hand.but obviously the best book is the quran.i would recommend abdullah yousuf ali version.such detailed explanation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: