Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: It is far better to live like a lion for a day then to live like a jackal for hundred years. - Tipu Sultan
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some are more equal ...  (Read 1333 times)
timbuktu
« on: Jan 05, 2010 07:04 PM »

peace be upon you

On this forum, when I protested against the drone strikes in Pakistan  which are killing innocent people, there was a comment from none other than the owner of this site that in effect considered it legitimate to kill the women and children just so it presumably makes the US citizens more secure.

To put it inperspective, 708 people have died in these drone attacks. 5 of them have been claimed by the US to be alQaeda. The rest, 703 of them, are collateral damage.

Here is an extract from someone who puts it better than I can, and this gentleman is no fundamentalist.

Killing innocent people (assuming people are still innocent until proven guilty) through the dropping of bombs on terrorist targets is still a problem as a general rule. The term "collateral damage" can dehumanise human loss, but it can't blunt the pain of the losses suffered by hundreds of families and dozens of tribes in Pakistan's north. One need not be a fan of that tribal society, nor of terrorism, nor of Islam, or even of basic liberal values. One only needs to be human to empathise with the feelings of people who lose family members in explosions that are not their fault. If the logic of that human sentiment applies to victims of 9/11, of Bali, of March 11, of July 7, of the 26/11 terror in Mumbai, and if it applies to the deaths of the more than 2,800 shaheed soldiers of the Pakistani military, then it must apply to innocent victims of drone attacks.

When the news becomes news
Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Mosharraf Zaidi

http://www.thenews.com.pk/
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2010 07:27 PM »

On this forum, when I protested against the drone strikes in Pakistan  which are killing innocent people, there was a comment from none other than the owner of this site that in effect considered it legitimate to kill the women and children just so it presumably makes the US citizens more secure.

I assume you're talking about me?? Huh??? Can you show me where I said that? It is wrong to kill innocent people no matter the source - terrorists or government.

timbuktu
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2010 09:46 AM »

peace be upon you

Sorry, I do not have the reference, but your reply was to my post over the killing of innocents by the extended drone attacks, a policy of Obama.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2010 10:10 PM »

Sorry, I do not have the reference, but your reply was to my post over the killing of innocents by the extended drone attacks, a policy of Obama.

Again I want to see that. You do know accusing someone else of saying something they didn't is slander don't you?

ws
timbuktu
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2010 02:45 AM »

peace be upon you

It is not posssible for me to do any searches. We will have to leave it until you slip up again.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2010 03:25 AM »

wsalam,

I went back and checked posts for a year. I know the thread you're talking about and I *did not* say what you said I did. Don't put words in another person's mouth. Especially when it is NOT their opinion. That is slander.

I don't think you and I have the same vision for this board. Perhaps you will find a place more suited to your opinions elsewhere.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: