// The accident i survived
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The Righteous Salaf were as fearful of their good deeds being squandered, or not being accepted, as the present generation is certain that their neglect would be forgiven. - Hasan al-Basri
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The accident i survived  (Read 1071 times)
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« on: Jan 14, 2010 06:59 AM »

As salam o aley kum, brothers and sisters!!
Recently (28th december, 10th murahham) I was riding a motorcycle with my husband when suddenly the lower back portion (that is near the ankle) of my Hijab gown went into the bike chain and pulled me down along.......as the hijab cloth finished my braid too came into the chain and before the bike could stop i got dragged along on the road. It was a fast and busy road where even a minute difference in the timings could have had me dead. Two more rounds of the bike wheel could have torn my scalp out or if the bike were slow and had stopped earlier I could have been crushed by a speeding vehicle behind us.........Allah saved me.......
What is said about seeking repentance and remembering death all the time came home to me that day.
While I was lying helpless on the road..........my hand and legs were fine but my braid was badly tangled in the chain.......passerbys collected......they stopped the traffic from behind............arranged sissors to cut off my hair and free me..........some very kind ladies helped me get up, they rubbed my bruises, men collected from the road all my stuff that I was carrying and handed it to me, one of them found my specs ( without which I am almost disabled), some of them helped my husband ( who was not hurt thankfully) with the bike.........then a car stopped by and the man in there said that he was doctor and asked me if i needed help.........needless to say I desperately needed medical help..........then in his car he took me to my place (as i could no more sit on the bike) .........in my desperate state they were all God sent.........And each and everyone of them was a NON-MUSLIM
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2010 07:49 AM »

Walaikum salaam sister,

That is sooooooo horrible   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Sad Alhamdullah you're OK!! I'm glad to hear people helped you. Wearing those long flowing dupattas or burka things on a motorcycle is very dangerous. I'd suggest using just a smaller scarf and keeping your dupatta in your bag until you arrive at a place. I hope you're getting better. We'll make dua for you.  flowersis

ws
saleem
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
saleem barely matters :(saleem barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2010 09:18 AM »

I read somewhere, I think u was one of Hamza Yusuf's books (diseases of the heart?) - if you recite the ayat ul kursi and the last three sura's, each three times after fajr the day will pass well ....perhaps it seems supstitious but with age it seems one becomes a bit superstitious....
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2010 01:30 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
Alhamdullilah sister you are fine.
Please give some sadaqa if possible.

Wasalam
tq
chinesemuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
chinesemuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2010 10:15 AM »

Salaam Aleikum
dear aazeen
please take care. Even though we've only exchanged a few messages you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope to talk to you soon sister.
cm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: