Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

O rishta, rishta, wherefore art thou my rishta.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Orphans from Haiti  (Read 968 times)
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« on: Jan 22, 2010 11:23 PM »

Assalam alaikom,

I am so excited and I had to share with everyone. I am a candlelight volunteer with a hospice center; when someone is dying who is widowed, orphaned or just does not have family nearby. I sit with them so they are not alone at the time of death. Well the same place has worked with a place called Holy Family Institute in Pittsburgh, they called to see if I wanted to come help with the orphans they have recieved from Haiti, ages 6 months to 13yrs old. Anyway I am so excited. I called my Imam and will be taking somethings for the children. It is a great time to show the love and charity of Islam toward those in need, especially the orphan. Inshallah I will take some pictures if I am allowed and post them here for all you guys to see. It's a great opportunity to touch the life of another.... a child.

Smiley Take care!

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2010 09:21 AM »

salam

You're so cool Mashallah.  flowersis

Will you do a collection within your community, where people can donate gifts of useful items for you to take to the children like clothes toys, books etc??

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2010 10:02 PM »

Yes. Our Masjid did one. I am still on call to go, though I was not needed this past Sunday I pray to get a call Smiley

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: