// Camel burger
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Know that the reality of freedom is the perfection of servitude. -Al-Qushayri
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camel burger  (Read 2318 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« on: Feb 07, 2010 08:12 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum

Is there ever such a thing as a guilt free burger…. Huh?

Camel burger

Dubai: Here's the latest must-try. Camel burger, the local take on the all-time favourite American burger, is fast proving a hit with residents and tourists alike.

Served at Local House outlets, the monster quarter-pounder is claimed to be free of fat and cholesterol.

Two outlets

Currently, Local House has two outlets serving the new snack in town - one at Bastakiya, Bur Dubai and the other at The Walk, Jumeirah Beach Residence, with plans for opening a third one at the Burj Khalifa.

Ali Ahmad Esmail, Assistant Manager, Local House, said the restaurant uses camel meat from an Al Ain farm to prepare the Dh20 burger - with each patty weighing 120 grams.

Although camel meat is normally hard, Esmail wouldn't disclose how they make it tender. "It's a trade secret," he said, but added that the patty is marinated with special house spices. He pointed out that the best part of the burger is that the patty is made of zero fat meat that also has no cholesterol.

The burger comes with crunchy fries or wedges and fresh green salad. But instead of the American sesame bun, it is served with freshly-baked khameer bread (round yeast bread). It also comes loaded with melted Cheddar cheese and smothered with a good dollop of House's very own concoction of burger sauce. You can also wash it down with a camel milk shake or soda.

Gaining popularity

Tourists from the West and Japan have given rave reviews of the camel burger, said Esmail.

While the Bastakiya outlet offers the ambience of a traditional Emirati house, its version at the JBR Walk is a kiosk, but both serve authentic traditional Emirati delicacies.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/heritage-culture/camel-burger-dubai-s-new-delicacy-1.577963

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2010 09:38 AM »

salam

I think it's safe to say that the melted cheese, the burger sauce & side fries/potatoe wedges pretty much make this burger meal as unhealthy as any available on the market.

Camels are cute, burgers from cows far better, cows aren't so sweet & dopey looking! Save the camel I say eat beef!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2010 12:32 AM »

Doesn't eating camel meat break your wudu? What does this have to do with anything? not sure...just a mindless pondering....

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2010 08:40 PM »

Salaams,

I really like eating camel shwarma hungry . And no, I dont think it breaks your wudu unless it results in generating some gas that you fail to hold inside  Cheesy

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2010 12:33 AM »

asak
Read and decide if it breaks your wudu:
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/7103/camel

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2010 06:19 AM »

Salaams

My sources are the four madhaib  bro

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?14649-Camel-Meat
The evidence used by ash-Shafi'i, Malik, Abu Hanifah and the majority of scholars that camel meat does not break wudhu' is the ahadith stating: "The final example of the Prophet [sallallahu 'alayhi wa-sallam] was to not make wudhu' from anything touched by fire." Also, the example of the khulafa' ar-rashidin who did not act upon the camel meat hadith. Therefore, according to the majority of 'ulama the camel meat hadith is "mansukh" [abrogated].

There are many ahadith that indicate that in the beginning of Islam, wudhu' was obligatory if one ate any food cooked by fire. Then [according to the saying of the jumhur] that was abrogated, with the exception of camel meat. Then, before the Prophet [sallallahu 'alayhi wa-sallam] died, all of that was abrogated, camel meat as well as non-camel meat.

Anyway, this is more or less the reasoning behind the view of the majority, and has been explained in various detailed books about this.

As for Imam Ahmad, most of the hadith scholars, and some of the Shafi'iyyah, they held a different view. Their argument was that the hadith "The final example of the Prophet [sallallahu 'alayhi wa-sallam] was to not make wudhu' from anything touched by fire" is general ['aamm], whereas the camel meat hadith is specific [khaass], and the specific is given precedence over the general.

So you can see that each side has their own basis for their argument. Wallahu a'lam

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2010 07:38 AM »

My husband loves his camel burger, camel khabsa, camel shawarma...

I just haven't been able to bring myself to try it as yet.  I think the reason for that is that he raved about this ostrich burger and ostrich steak, which he made me try, and I completely .... choked on it. It was just not.... my cup of bird.

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2010 09:31 AM »

salam

I didn't think there were any restrictions on camel meat. When we performed the hajj camels were also an option for sacrifice, which I wold have imagined would not be the case if camel meat were not completely acceptable Islamically.

My gran used to tell us about the strange and exotic meat she had eaten, ostrich, peacock- apparently its very fatty...., pigeon -they're a delicacy in Bangladesh. And at work my manager has eaten Kangaroo- which is meant to be the leanest meat available, and also crocodile- whywhyhwy

At the end of the day, I was informed that all the above meats taste just like chicken- even the croc altho it was a bit fishy!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2010 08:45 PM »

Interesting.

I can eat meat as long as I don't think about how it got to my plate. If I think about it being killed. I can't eat it. I feel sick to my stomach. I don't know what I would do on hajj or in a muslim country on EID.. I would have to stay indoors, if I saw the animals and the blood I would be vegaterian from that day on....lol I am such a baby....

I am the type if it was Eid and I was married my husband had a goat, the next morning the goat would be gone. I could not let him kill it. I know it is for Allah but........... OH MAN I don't know how I would deal with it! Now I am gonna ponder some more...

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2010 11:39 PM »

Salaams,

We slit our animals by ourselves on eid-ul-adha... the Nabi saw style...

And I was going to say what Christine said about not imagining how cute the live animal/bird would have been before it got zabihafied. In my childhood I fathered few chicks which grew up to be very fine females, one was a male, and all of them used to go ku-kru-kruun at like 4-AM. My grandfather bought them off me and cooked them, it was the worst feeling ever! But thats the way its meant to be - as a desi proverb goes: "What would the goat eat if it would be friends with grass" (pardon my poor translation)

Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Feb 15, 2010 11:38 PM »

What would the goat eat if it would be friends with grass" (pardon my poor translation)

good point.. love that!

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: