Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

O rishta, rishta, wherefore art thou my rishta.

Poll
Question: How Many Prayers Do You Normally Miss In A Week?
None! Alhamdulilah! - 4 (66.7%)
Eh, one or two. Doing better. - 0 (0%)
Three or four. Astagfirullah. - 0 (0%)
I'd rather not say. But I need work. - 2 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your Prayers  (Read 1585 times)
Abdullah (*
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Abdullah (* has no influence :(

« on: Feb 08, 2010 09:28 AM »

How many of you make all of your prayers on time for the most part? Of course there's the occasional time where we feel like we're too occupied, but how many make prayers on time, on average. Also, in a regular week, how many prayers have gone by that you simply didn't make?

Then Which Of The Favors Of Your Lord Will You Deny?
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2010 02:48 PM »

I find I go about in waves...

There are months on end when I won't miss a single prayer... and then there are times when I'm struggling to make Fajr (which for me is the dealbreaker - if I miss Fajr, it's likely that I may miss my other prayers)
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2010 05:18 PM »

Same thing here, I go in waves.. If I miss fajr.. man it is so hard to stay on task. I miss some occassionally, so because of laziness and other time because of work restraints or busy with my taking care of the kids. Still not an excuse, but honest. Sometimes at night when the kids are sleeping and everything is quiet, I will go in my room and pray and try to make up the prayers. I found if I start listening to more qu'ran and reading I tend to be more on task with my prayers. My fellow sisters also help, there is a group of us that are single and so we text each other or call and say.. WAKE UP .. FAJR! Or other times for prayer. It helps having someone keep you accountable.

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
sofia
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
sofia has no influence :(

Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob thabbit quloobana ala deenik

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2010 04:29 AM »

As-salaamu alaykum, Christine,

Interesting, I had assumed every Muslim I knew made their prayers (on time). Maybe because I've seen that my family all prays on time, alhamdulillah (and funny, my parents try to beat each other in praying "more on time" than the other).

By "missing," I would think you mean voluntarily missing the prayer time, and then not making it up, right?

Alhamdulillah, I haven't voluntarily missed prayers since the time I decided to pray regularly on my own (which was somewhere in my youth...). Now, the quality of the prayer, that's a different story (and one I constantly ask myself about).

If I happen to sleep past Fajr time (rare, but it does happen), I make it up when I get up. And hope to not miss it again! I'm always reminded of Hamza Yusuf's quote, which was something like: If you don't get up for Fajr, don't get up at all!

May Allah make us all steadfast (and remember that Shaytaan gives us plenty of excuses to use),

sofia  hijabisis

"My Lord! Increase me in knowledge." (Qur'aan 20.114)
"Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us, and have mercy on us, for You are the Best of all who show mercy!" (23:109)
"And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves..."(3:10)
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2010 06:15 PM »

I think it is just a matter of getting accustom and getting the scheduling down. I have only been Muslim for alittle over a year. I was catholic and praying was easy, you lay in bed and talk to god.. once a day. Getting used to waking up, washing and preparing yourself 5 times a day takes some adjusting.. It is not an excuse but it does take time and patience. I am sure when a born Muslim is learning his/her salat he/she goes through that, it is just at a younger age. Also for me I never saw my parents rush to pray.. That is SOOO WONDERFUL!!! I hope my children see this with me. It's a good point children are always watching and learning!-- thanks Sofia

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2010 09:52 AM »

as salaamu alaykum,

when I miss fajr I feel like my whole day is messed up Sad  may Allah grant us steadfastness in our prayers.

And read this, I cannot believe how TRUE it is... That's the only thing I could think when I finished reading it. "This is SO TRUE":

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/salah-and-the-worst-kind-of-theft/
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2010 03:40 PM »

great article... very motivational.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: