// Why are prayers not answered?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: 'Work for your terrestrial life in proportion to your location in it, and work for your afterlife in proportion to your eternity in it. - abu Hamid al-Ghazali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are prayers not answered?  (Read 1869 times)
saleem
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
saleem barely matters :(saleem barely matters :(

« on: Feb 09, 2010 12:58 AM »

I have been thinking for some time about when people say thing like they have prayed very very hard and yet their prayers are not answered...

It occurred to me that prayers are prophylactic - they are effective only before the chain of events has started; once they chain of events has started, the decision has already been made and what will be will be....As to says in the koran with reference to the repentance of the misguided ones, they will ask for the forgiveness of the when the clear evidence of the judgment is upon them - but then it is too late.

Perhaps others on this board can comment on this issue...

ON the other hand, perhaps the case might be like a Chinese colleague, a Buddhist, said to me, when I made a similar comment about prayers not being answered: "Maybe you ask for too much!".

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2010 10:29 AM »

salam

My own personal opinion on this matter;

Duas in my experience are accepted, always! It just depends on the dua tho, I've made the idle oh I wish type of dua which is half hearted and I don't really expect or even much want it to happen.

Then there's the dua I've really honestly whole heartedly made, and these have come true almost immediately, however mostly in ways I completely did not expect.

There have been the duas I made whole heartedly and fervently, which were accepted after a little time (altho to me at the time it felt like a very long time).

Then there's the duas (I make loads of duas OK), I've made and really really felt I needed them to be answered and after making the dua, instead of an immediate material answer, the pressing fear/terror/sorrow which had inspired the dua is suddenly lifted and my heart feels lighter. Not to say I then stop making the dua, but I'm comforted with an unshakeable certainity that that which I have asked for will be OK......

Personally I think all duas are answered, we are too impatient, and sometimes we are so set on the way we want our answers, we fail to see the reply to our duas because the reply was not in the form we expected.

And sometimes I make dua just for the sake of feeling close to Allah, because sometimes Salat is completed just too fast and I want to remain in the presence and the closeness of Allah swt for a little teeny bit longer......

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
saleem
Bro

saleem barely matters :(saleem barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2010 01:25 AM »

It seems not many people are interested in prayers - or maybe they have all their prayers answered
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2010 04:03 AM »

ws,

I think it's more that they don't know. Do any of us know? Not really. We would never know unless we ask Allah. We can only theorize from the texts given to us. What is known is that Allah doesn't accept the Dua of the one whose clothes/dress/food is Haram. Other than that not sure if there any other explicit texts on this subject.
BrKhalid
Bro

BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2010 05:01 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Some ahadith on the topic:

Abu Huraira reported that Allah's Messenger saw said:

The supplication of every one of you is granted if he does not grow impatient and says: I supplicated but it was not granted.

[Muslim]

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet saw said:  

“There is no Muslim who calls upon Allaah with words in which there is no sin or severing of family ties but Allah will give him one of three things: either

He will answer his prayer soon, or

He will store it up for him in the Hereafter, or

He will remove something bad from him that is equivalent to what he is asking for.”

They said, “Then we should make a great amount of du’aa’.” He said, “Allaah is greater.”

[Tirmidhi]

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: