Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

A rakah a rakah! My kingdom for a rakah!'

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coin a Quote - AKA "Muslim Quotes Thread"  (Read 11387 times)
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« on: Feb 09, 2010 09:29 PM »

Salaams,

All your philosophical, geeky, goofy one-liners go here Wink

I'll start off with a goofy one of course...

"Cellphone/SMS is like remote control of men, in our women's hands =)" -H2H Moslem

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Abdullah (*
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Abdullah (* has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2010 05:13 AM »

Oh! Here's one i always gotta tell people. "No, seriously. I love Jesus too." Lol. I love that.

Then Which Of The Favors Of Your Lord Will You Deny?
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2010 06:25 AM »

"Granted i'm not good at putting the baby to sleep, but I can surely give professional head and shoulder massage to my tired spouse for her efforts" :p - H2H Moslem.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Ilyas
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ilyas has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2010 11:55 PM »

Asalam,

hard2hit nice one, i like it!

I know this isn't what you meant by one liner but I've always loved this, "Hi, we were engaged as babies, your parents must of forgotten to tell you!"  Cheesy

Assalamu Alaikum
saleem
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
saleem barely matters :(saleem barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2010 05:43 AM »

Whatever hardship a Muslim faces - even if it as minor as the prick of a thorn - Allah (swt) makes it an atonement for his sins. (Sahih Bukhari and Muslim, and Malik's Muwatta)

http://dunner992.blogspot.com/
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2010 06:55 AM »

Salaams,

"O no no no, thats not a watering pot - thats my Lota, actually!" :p - H2h Moslem

Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2010 10:51 PM »

My 8 yr old son's form of Dawah... Friends don't eat friends.  (Speaking of communion to his teacher at the catholic school he attended last year when I reverted)

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
saleem
Bro

saleem barely matters :(saleem barely matters :(

« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2010 03:46 AM »

According to Dr Syed Muhammad Naquib al-Attas, in Islam, “there is no worthwhile knowledge without action accompanying it; and no worthwhile action without knowledge guiding it”.

http://thestar.com.my/columnists/story.asp?col=ikimviews&file=/2010/2/16/columnists/ikimviews/5662172&sec=IKIM%20Views
Christine_1208
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2010 04:29 PM »

Nice Saleem I really like that one.

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Christine_1208
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2010 05:06 PM »

Okay so maybe this was not the best thing to say.. but.

Today at work when I came in I had a turleneck on under my hijab. It has been freezing here with alot of snow in PGH, so I had the turtle neck pulled up over my nose and it was secured by my hijab. It looked like niqab in a way. I came in soak and wet and my co-worker said.. WOW... look at you. Hey guys, let's check chris's shoes for bombs, I quickly uttered. "Don't worry the fuses are wet".

UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2010 09:19 PM »

From a khutba two weeks ago...

The Imam was talking about the virtues of Sa'd ibn Waqas, one of the ten Sahabas which have been given the glad tidings of paradise. The Prophet (saw) was talking about him to other sahabas, (I'm paraphrasing) but before he told the others who it was, he was describing the qualities of this sabahba: that Allah (Swt) will answer the duas of this sahaba, so we wary not to offend him, and he is a righteous person who reverted to Islam in his youth, it is he who enters the door next will be among those who will be among the first to enter jannat-ul-firdous... it just so happens that I was walking through the doors of the prayer hall at that exact moment and hear these words and starting immediately waving both my arms wildly in the air in celebration...

...The Imam stops, looks at me, chuckles, and then looks at the congregation and says, this brother thought I was talking about him, no, I was talking about Sa'd Ibn Waqas...

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2010 06:39 AM »

...The Imam stops, looks at me, chuckles, and then looks at the congregation and says, this brother thought I was talking about him, no, I was talking about Sa'd Ibn Waqas...

That's hysterical bro... reminds me of the Fatiha joke... I'll tell it here sometime...
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2010 01:32 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
My manager(non-muslim ) asked if the reports I was working on will be done by the end of the week and I replied "Inshallah" Smiley and then after looking at his confused face realized that I have said it out loud and  immediately said sure they will be done .

Wasalam
tq
UBAB
Bro

« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2010 03:00 PM »

Okay so maybe this was not the best thing to say.. but.

Today at work when I came in I had a turleneck on under my hijab. It has been freezing here with alot of snow in PGH, so I had the turtle neck pulled up over my nose and it was secured by my hijab. It looked like niqab in a way. I came in soak and wet and my co-worker said.. WOW... look at you. Hey guys, let's check chris's shoes for bombs, I quickly uttered. "Don't worry the fuses are wet".

Sister Christine, that was very cleaver! I wish could have seen the reaction of your co-worker when you said that!

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Christine_1208
Sis

« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2010 05:19 PM »

TQ..lol I do that too sometimes....

UBAB: When they see I have a sense of humor about it.... They ask more questions Wink Strange Dawah I know, but they are much different now. I even have a co-worker that sometimes reminds me it is time to pray Smiley

Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2010 06:03 PM »

From a khutba two weeks ago...

sooo funny!

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #16 on: Feb 19, 2010 01:01 PM »

"the fuses are wet" - hahaha

Awesome stuff guys, keep em coming...

"Fear is no policy and surrender is no option" - Hamid Gul  (http://generalhamidgul.com/home)

Wasalam.

UBAB
Bro

« Reply #17 on: Feb 19, 2010 03:31 PM »

I was having a discussion / debate with my boss this morning when she finally ended it by saying,

"I don't think I'm perfect, because I'm not... but I am sure damn close to perfection as you can get!"

End of conversation. Boss 1, Me 0.

thobebro
   UBAB

Christine_1208
Sis

« Reply #18 on: Feb 19, 2010 06:07 PM »

LOL.. Okay I have a funny story that has a co-worker here.. scared of me.

I was Christian as you all know, I worked for the Bishop and Arch Bishop of the Catholic Church. Before that I worked where I am back working at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. All my old friends are here, they have known me 12 years. Needless to say in the past we have gone out dancing, drinking and having laughs with each other joking around.

When I came back as Muslim some did not realise that somethings had changed, like me hanging with the guys, going out to have a beer at lunch, the little jokes and pranks that take place at work with ppl who have been friends forever. I had lines that could not be crossed.

Now that you have background

I was standing with a friend Linda talking to her about some work issues and my co-worker and friend of 12 years Walter comes around the corner. Well he reached around and smacked my butt and said get to work. I yelled Walt! Just then he turned the corner and the hit the table with his jacket which then brought his pocket full of keys and his cell phone around his waist and hit him.. YOU KNOW WHERE. He then fell to the ground grabing himself in pain. I said SEE DON'T TOUCH A MUSLIMA!! I told you!! He said.. MANNNNNNNN... I swear to your God not to touch you again!

The next day he made an effort not to do anything. A few days later he was asking and teasing me about my scarf, he said I looked like a christmas present all wrapped up and he asked how long my hair was now. I said did you not learn from not to long ago. It's different Walt we can't be like we were. Just then Melanie opened the door and it hit him in the face....lol He said.. That's it I am converting. Give me some info please. I gave him and his wife some info Smiley

Needless to say, Walt is VERY respectful to me and if anyone does something he tells them.. MAN don't mess with her, I am telling you she has a higher power looking over her.. I am speaking from personal experience..lol

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #19 on: Feb 20, 2010 11:34 AM »

salam

Awww Sr Christine, that's so sweet, and Walt may not be far wrong. Allah does suffice us Alhumdulillah.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
BrKhalid
Bro

BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #20 on: Feb 21, 2010 06:10 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

"I don't think I'm perfect, because I'm not... but I am sure damn close to perfection as you can get!"

One can't help wonder if your boss will soon be at the end of some 'Walt' type treatment of her own if she continues to come up with stuff like that!!

Keep us posted Br UBAB  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #21 on: Mar 13, 2010 03:22 PM »

Salaams,

"Real men dont dance, we simply rock" ...  bebzi -H2H Moslem

Christine_1208
Sis

« Reply #22 on: Mar 15, 2010 03:54 PM »

LOL..
"Real men dont dance, we simply rock" ...
Love it!

Me and my 4 sisters, all of us hijabis, were walking in the mall. We stopped at the "you are here" board in the middle of the mall to find the store we were looking for. Just then a bunch of security came over to us, "Are you ladies lost?" "where do you intend on going?" My friend Angel looked right at him and without missing a beat said.

"We are shopping for Lingerie"

They turned about 80 shades of red and sent us on our way..LOL

se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #23 on: Mar 16, 2010 06:58 AM »

salaam,

Responses I wish I could say sometimes... Wink

"Are you Islam?"

"Yes, I am the entire religion.  This is my friend, Christianity.  And meet Buddhism..."

"How do you keep that thing on your head?"

"Staple gun."

"Do the different colors mean anything?"

"Yes we have levels like in karate.  Seeing as I'm wearing black, that means I've reached the ultimate rank as Master Ninja Warrior."  karate

Funny ways people have referred to hijab:

- Head gear (makes me feel like I should be playing soccer)

- Head dress (Well, I did like Last of the Mohicans)

at the airport the lady at the metal detector took a look at me and said, "ma'me, I'm going to have to pat you down because your dress is quite bulky..."

"Bulky?  I thought I was being quite fashionable actually... aren't maxi dresses in style?  hmphhhh"

salaam Wink

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #24 on: Mar 16, 2010 10:13 AM »

salam

The colour question may not be an entirely dumb one.

I've a very close friend who went to a Catholic convent boarding school, she assumed that I always wore black because that was part of my religion!

Apparently different orders of nuns wear different colours ie you get nuns who wear only blue, or grey, or white and my friend assumed the colour thing extended to Muslims!

Must say I've never been asked if I was Islam, I do love your response, I think you should give it should the opportunity present itself!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print

Jump to: