Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

A dua on both your houses.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chocolate  (Read 6408 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #25 on: Sep 27, 2011 09:35 AM »

salam

My favourite;

I could eat an entire (large) box in one go....I usually do actually, which is why I ration myself and don't buy them too often.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #26 on: Sep 27, 2011 12:42 PM »

Salam alaikum

oooh chocolate... Smiley

I love one German-made whole hazelnut milk chocolate, which is just too yummyyy. I cannot come home without some of those in my suitcase.

I started eating Twix in Syria (they weren't very popular in SA back then)...after I saw the ad on TV: "Twix, sawa a7la" so sweet.  One for me and one for my sis, sawa a7la  Wink

Have to agree with Sr Fozia, ferreros are the BEST!  Cool

Thanks for the virtual sugar-buzz
Salam
S.  oldshaykha (love this smiley)
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #27 on: Sep 27, 2011 02:12 PM »

Wow...sorry sis jannah...  our chocolate tastes are ENTIRELY different!  Putting fruit in chocolate is awful!  And raisins are a complete abomination! (Unless they're the golden raisins cooked in rice--then I will tolerate them.)  When I want chocolate, I want chocolate....not wafers and caramel.  And it must be DARK chocolate.  Why waste your calorie allotment on anything else!     And I never really got into the truffle thing.

So my votes would be:  Hersey's Kisses (Dark), Dove (dark), M&Ms (dark),  any kind of solid chocolate (dark).  And the only candy bars I like are Mounds, Almond Joy, and--maybe--Three Musketeers (if there were none of the the above choices).

Dark chocolate, or nothing!  madauntie
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #28 on: Sep 27, 2011 02:46 PM »

I like this thread....

And I like chocolates... loveshower

Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #29 on: Sep 27, 2011 04:38 PM »

salam

OMG Sr Rahma, I lurve

Also have them in my house A LOT.

Actually my house is filled with sweets and chocolate....my children prefer fruit for some bizarre reason!!!!!!!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #30 on: Sep 27, 2011 04:45 PM »

salam

Actually Hershey's are the work of the devil, it's an abomination to call that stuff chocolate puke

I do like

Friends always bring me a family pack when they come back from the states (altho as it's the states it might just be your regular size packs which are the English equivalent of family sized). They last me about a day....I tend to be bouncygrins from the sugar rush for days after........

Wassalaam

rahma
Sis

rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #31 on: Sep 27, 2011 10:29 PM »

Actually Hershey's are the work of the devil, it's an abomination to call that stuff chocolate puke

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #32 on: Sep 28, 2011 06:50 AM »

I am with you on the Lindt truffles Sis J! YummmmmmmY!!!

Actually, I don't like peanut butter in ANY thing (bad memories of forcing myself to eat PBJ sandwiches when the main course had pork in it back in grade school) - so I am a PLAIN M&M's fan!!! They only arrived in Prague the last few years, so I used to snack on them a bit too much

As for other favorites - I think the British ladies on the board will be familiar with this candy (I feel like I have posted this somewhere else though):

I think the Cadbury in England is also nicer than it is here in the States, or at least it's different . .

Also, one that I had quiet often in Prague and in one article I read recently, it was in the top 10 in Europe:

And as for here in the States:

1. See's Candies  and a local place store here in Portland (whose chocolates were once given in the Oscar baggies that are given to the celebrities): Moonstruck - they are about $3 for just ONE chocolate!!!

Check them out here: http://www.moonstruckchocolate.com/

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #33 on: Sep 29, 2011 05:06 PM »

Why does that yorkie say it's not for girls??? is that a marketing thing or something??  madauntie
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #34 on: Sep 29, 2011 06:39 PM »

salam

It is indeed a marketing thing. It's so stoopid that my friends and I refuse to buy Yorkies purely on the basis that the advert ticks us off.

Wassalaam

WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #35 on: Sep 29, 2011 09:47 PM »

Indeed it is a marketing thing, but my cousin there jokes that it then causes girls to eat it and then they get fat, lol!

BABA
 desibro

rahma
Sis

« Reply #36 on: Oct 08, 2011 11:53 PM »

Ok...I now have a new favorite...  woohoo

BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #37 on: Oct 09, 2011 12:14 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Chili chocolate Huh?

Well I like the occasional hot chocolate but this is just taking things too far Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
JenBean71
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
JenBean71 has no influence :(

« Reply #38 on: Oct 09, 2011 01:56 AM »

peace be upon you

i really enjoy the soulful stylings of the Snickers

Snickers Peanut Butter

The unity of all, perceptible to even bystanders, is the Oneness that inspired it, a sea without shores, subject me to this sea.
Chaajo
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Chaajo has no influence :(

« Reply #39 on: Oct 10, 2011 11:44 PM »

Ok...I now have a new favorite...  woohoo

Chili?! Is that a spicy chocolate or what? Huh? Oh dear...I never imagined there are chocolates like that.

Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of chocolates and milk chocolates are the most ones I hate.Grin Don't get upset everyone. Tongue But dark and white chocolates are really fine with me.

The secret for harvesting from existence the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment is — to live dangerously!
~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~
rahma
Sis

« Reply #40 on: Oct 11, 2011 12:37 AM »

Chili?! Is that a spicy chocolate or what? Huh? Oh dear...I never imagined there are chocolates like that.

Yup!  A hot, spicy chocolate!  Yummmmm.....

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #41 on: Oct 11, 2011 09:48 AM »

salam

Chocolate is surprisingly versatile (I only use it in sweet stuff).

You can use it in savoury foods, apparently it is absolutely delicious. I can see how chilli chocolate would be nice it would be chocolate with a kick, have you never eaten chilli sweets as a child the sweet gives way to the chilli its very moreish.

I think most of us forget that cocoa bean is not actually sweet, it's the tonnes of sugar and milk we add which gives us the end result we all know and love.

Wassalaam

BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #42 on: Oct 12, 2011 07:26 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

So apparently the record for the world's largest chocolate bar was broken today in Derbyshire with the bar weighing in at a quite incredulous 6 tonnes!!

Something rather disconcerting about a chocolate bar that you can use as a bed Wink

Here's a picture for those who wish to salivate bro

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/55988000/jpg/_55988581_worldrecordchoc1.jpg

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #43 on: Oct 13, 2011 08:34 AM »

Woweeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Though I saw something happening in Chicago this summer about the biggest chocolate bar . . here it is I found it, from a Chicago news station: [video report] so did that one in England beat this one out?

http://www.wgntv.com/blogs/leshock-value/wgntv-worlds-finest-chocolate-unveils-the-worlds-largest-chocolate-bar-video-20110913,0,5592377.story

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #44 on: Oct 13, 2011 09:59 AM »

salam

OMG Thorntons made that massive chocolate bar, they use good chocolate as well!!!

It would be so amazing to have a chocolate bed, you'd dream of chocolate, you'd wake smelling of chocolate, you could nibble on your bed if you woke in the night feeling peckish.....I want a new bed, I need a new bed....

Wassalaam

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #45 on: Oct 14, 2011 06:25 AM »

ws,

I never thought I'd see anything like that except in Jannah   Grin

mashaAllah yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmomnomnonmnnnomnom  fainting

ps  mrdarcy and huge chocolate bar both from derbyshire... means I MUST GO THERE!! Wink
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #46 on: Oct 14, 2011 11:08 PM »

I did it guys and gals!

Broke my chocolate ban - though apparently Sis J's is until Nov, lol!

I went to See's Candies - since it is not too far from my house, they opened teh store only in teh last two eyars or so, so since I was away, havent' had a chance to go there until today.
You can check out what they offer here: http://www.sees.com/index.cfm/custom_mix/select

Here is what I got (photo - can you re-size Sis J?? Sorry!): 2 milk chocolate butters, 2 light choclate truffles, and one Toffee-ette. Not eating them all now, just one of each - the lady who helped me gave me a free sample, as is there custom at See's Candies, so she initially offered my a coffee flavored one, but since I don't like the coffee smell or coffee chocolates, she gave me a dark chocolate buttercream, and let's just say that didn't last for long as I walked back to the car!

BABA
 desibro

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #47 on: Nov 10, 2011 10:28 PM »

JUST ARRIVED LAST NIGHT, with my khala from LONDON!!!!

I also got some McVite's Digestives which I am also a fan of, good with chai! (just had some with chai actually!) Used to get digestives in Prague and bring them for my khala here who used to live in London.

STARE AND WEEP (AND SALIVATE) PEOPLE! Grin Grin Grin

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #48 on: Nov 12, 2011 05:25 AM »

OMG that looks so good!! U Know what happened last night after I drooled all over this lol. I opened the freezer looking for something or other and I found some leftover cadbury's chocolate from sr shahida!!! OMNOM yup it was good Smiley The gift that keeps giving that chocolate Wink   present biggrin byebutterfly goodvibes
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #49 on: Nov 12, 2011 04:35 PM »

ahhahhah, that is good to hear Sis J!

Assuming Sr. Shahida is in England then? (haven't memorized everyone's location quite yet!) Yeah the Cadbury from England is different and better tasting than the Cadbury we find here in the States.

Actually, Galaxy is quite yummy, I think it may be better than Yorkie, though they are different types of chocolate. Galaxy is more creamy. Another cousin even said last night it was "amazing." I was snacking on the little pieces that it comes in while trying to study yesterday.

BABA
 desibro

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print

Jump to: