// Abuse from Parents
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “When you pass by the meadows of Paradise indulge freely in it.” They said: “O Messeneger of Allah, what are the meadows of Paradise?” He replied: “The circles of knowledge.”
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abuse from Parents  (Read 2000 times)
Anonymous
« on: Feb 11, 2010 08:54 PM »

salaam

How do you deal with ton and tons of extreme verbal and mental abuse by your own parents?Huh???
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2010 11:48 PM »

Walaikum,

I used to get a lot of abuse, verbally and emotionally and when I was younger physically as well. To be honest when I was a teen I would yell back, wouldn't use any profanity but I would yell and parents would get physical. Now however, I try to ignore it. If I can I'll leave the house play billiards or go to the gym, I try not to yell back or get into a fight. I love my parents and respect them for everything they have done for me but sometimes I think they can tone the abuse down a little, even though they're better than what it was like when i was in my early teens. My only advice for you is to try and not take it personally even though they are your parents, sometimes when they're angry and upset things come out of their mouths they don't mean. My older sister verbally abuses as well, a habit she picked from parents, and it used to annoy me very much to the point where I would reply saying "I wish it would happen so you'd know the meaning of what you're saying". I am sorry, I don't know how you can make someone like your parents to stop abusing you. Maybe try talking to them in a calm way and make them understand how it affects you negatively and could cause you to lose focus on your education, work, etc. The other brothers and sisters here can probably help more, I just wanted to tell you that you're not alone Cheesy So hang in there.
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2011 05:05 AM »

I also was a victim of that kind of abuse. It was more painful than physical abuse. It does not heal within two to three days. I admit, I was also hard headed during my childhood days. I always disobey them. So, what they did was they sent me to a boarding school. I was away from my parents for almost a year. Though they abuse me, I still missed them when I was in the school. I managed to change my attitude for the better. They were very happy with the results, with my being responsible. That is why, I also sent my kids to boarding schools. I have three, one is in a girls boarding school and the other is in a military school. The last one is still in pre-school.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: