// Praying for daughter to not marry?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Ikhlaas is to forget the vision of creation by constantly looking at the Creator. - Abu Uthman
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Praying for daughter to not marry?  (Read 991 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Feb 12, 2010 08:36 PM »

Ma Salama,

Is it wrong for me to pray that my daughter will not marry her non muslim boyfriend?
They have been in a long term relationship and I have frequently prayed that Allah will make a separation between them. I wish him no harm, neither my daughter.he is a nice person but firm in his own religion and will only superficially convert. I do not want to be part of this as I know it is only for one day to allow her to have a muslim ceremony. I am helpless and hopeless with this problem. She has announced she will marry him come what may, whether we accept or not....May Allah hear my prayers. My friend said that I should not be asking for this as if they break up my daughter will be shatteredand it is wrong of me to ask Allah to do something that will hurt her. I am concerned about her deen.

Thank you all.
Salaam.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2010 09:58 PM »

salam

Pray for hidaya for both of them & Allahs mercy for all of you.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
optimisstt
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
optimisstt has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2010 09:53 AM »

Its recommended a Muslem girl to marry the more closer to his DEEN etc, and is not recommended to marry a non praying Muslem man. So if we face such a situation where a daughter  desires to marry such a man far away from his DEEN we can pray such marriage to not take place .The same then applies for the non Muslem

Daughter trying to marry without permission of her parents with sensible reason for the parents to object such marriage means the daughter is heading to unblessed journey . Therefore the DUAA against such marriage might even be a DUAA for the favor of the Couple to avoid the danger of anger of the parents
If you take under this sense, I think you are not wrong praying that way .

This is similar to if you pray against yourself for example saying "O  ALLAH !BREAK MY LEG IF YOU KNOW IT TAKES ME  TO A PLACE NOT GOOD FOR ME"

BTW ,This is not IFTAA but my personal analysis 
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2010 10:44 AM »

Muslim women aren't allowed to marry non-Muslims so making a du^aa such as that you do not want your daughter to marry a non-Muslim is a legit du^aa.  You may also consider making the du^aa that he does become Muslim, remember Allaah Guides whoever He Wills.  Some of the Companions were the harshest enemies of Islaam before they became Muslim, and it is a wondrous thing how Allaah ta^ala Guided them to the beauty of Islaam and how steadfast they remained as Muslims thereafter.  I know you may worry that he may only become Muslim on a superficial level, but whatever Allaah Wills to be shall be, and whatever Allaah Wills not to be shall not be.  It may be that if he becomes Muslim, he may be the source through which your daughter is brought closer to Islaam again.

Peace

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: