Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

O rishta, rishta, wherefore art thou my rishta.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Today's Parent Writer looking for parents  (Read 800 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Feb 12, 2010 10:04 PM »

Hello all,
I am a writer for a national Canadian parenting magazine. I am looking for parents who would be willing to share their experiences regarding helping children share their family and faith traditions and culture with others from different backgrounds. For example, if your children fast for Ramadan how do you handle that in a public school setting? If you have young children and would be willing to chat on the phone, please email me at sspicer12@cogeco.ca. If you want to check out the magazine, it's at www.todaysparent.com.

Many thanks for considering this request. HEre is a longer description of the story I'm working on:

My family is different. In an increasingly multi-cultural society, kids are going to find that not everyone observes the same holidays, the same daily rituals, the same clothing norms, the same codes of social behaviour. How can parents help their kids learn to share what’s unique about their family’s traditions in this age when conforming is so important. If your child would like to invite a friend along to participate in an event that will be strange for them (or your child is going to do so with another family) what should you do to prepare them? T

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2010 07:45 AM »

I hope some parents here can help this writer out? Aren't we always complaining no one actually includes us in everyday normal stuff! Now's our chance!!  oldshaykh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: