Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Once more into the quran, dear friends, once more.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Puppies: When they make you fall for scams  (Read 1792 times)
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« on: Jan 18, 2010 08:01 AM »

Salaams,

Can anyone please tell me whether these peeps are for real ? http://ambefamily.001webs.com/

I'll confirm with some paki friend in US, about the shipping cost. (to check ads validity)

Earlier I contacted them and this is what I got: (Their email reply)

Code:
Thanks for contacting me in Regards to my puppies let tell you bit
about the puppies

GENERAL TEMPERAMENT FOR ALL PUPPIES

They Conveys impression of determination, strength and activity.
Alert, bold, loyal, dependable, courageous, fierce in appearance, but
possessed of affectionate nature. Courageous (not vicious or
aggressive), and demeanor should be pacific and dignified. These
attributes should be countenanced by the expression and behavior.

QUESTIONS ABOUT YOU....

1) Are you a breeder?
2) Are you married?
3) Do you have kids?
4) Have you ever had a puppy before?
5) What is your occupation?
6) Will you send me pictures of the puppies when you have them?
7) Do you have a vet you will take the puppies to?
8) And will you treat these puppies as your children?
9) Give me a Brief Description about your Environment ?
10) Will you have Enough time to spend and Play with them?
11) Were are you located?
12) Can You Afford the shipping of $150 each?

SEE PICS OF THE PUPPIES BELOW AND CHOSE
                        ambefamily.001webs.com
Please get back to me with your choice of puppy amongst all three and
i shall advice you on the next step to take towards getting the puppy
in your home as soon as possible.
Thank you once again and have a wonderful time....

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2010 09:37 PM »

Why get a free web host and put up a whole website about it instead of posting in your local paper or craigslist??

Seems odd to me...

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2010 09:18 AM »

salam

Spelling and grammatical errors are usually a red flag for me...... That reply if full of them.

Do you not have dogs homes in Pakistan, where you could buy cute little puppies or get them for free?? Why have them shipped from the states???

Or are we discussing inanimate objects as opposed to yappy canines?

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
JenBean71
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
JenBean71 has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2010 01:17 PM »

as

That email address has been all over the internet for years. Apparently they're based in Cameroon.

Do a simple Google search: ambefamily@ymail.com scam

You will find anti-fraud blogs with compilations of the emails people have exchanged with them. There are many variations of what they're selling.

There are also tips on how to avoid an internet scam: http://www.puppiesanddogsforsale.com/articles/Article21.asp

All the best  Smiley

The unity of all, perceptible to even bystanders, is the Oneness that inspired it, a sea without shores, subject me to this sea.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2010 12:31 PM »

Salaams,

Thanks guys for saving me from yet another scam Tongue. I was skeptic about the ad, there was this another advertiser who suddenly moved to Iran after my inquiry and asked me to send him shipping charges Wink

So I bought an Alsation pup 3 days back from a local pet store. The dog I had earlier was an Alsation male, this new pup is a female, i'm planning to get them force-married in coming September shadyguy

Oh and Jill (pup) is sick, seems to have caught flu. I'm trying to take good care of her so hopefully she'll get well soon. Duas would help.

JazakAllah Khair.

-me

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2010 06:30 PM »

I thought having a dog in Islam was haram?? Am I wrong?

"Whoever acquires a dog other than a sheepdog or hunting dog, will have two qirats deducted from the reward of his good actions every day." Malik Al-Muwatta . Hadith 54.13

Al-Tirmidhi. Hadith 4102. Narrated by Abdullah ibn Mughaffal: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Were dogs not a species of creature I should command that they all be killed; but kill every pure black one." AbuDawud and Darimi transmitted it. Tirmidhi and Nasa'i added, "No family attaches itself to a dog without a qirat of their good deeds being deducted daily, except in the case of a hunting dog, a farm dog, or a sheepdog."

Any insight would be great. What is the logical reason to kill dogs and especially the black ones?? Allah Alam. Just does not make any sense to me in a religion where everything normally does.

Thanks guys.. just curious and after reading about the puppies it brought the question to my mind.

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2010 07:46 AM »

Salaams,

My new bike got stolen 2 years back. And 7 other bikes from my neighborhood were also took by thieves in same fashion. So I had to get a watch dog to protect our cars and other bikes! (We are a joint family, hence our parking lot is a vehicle show-room!)

Meet Jack: http://jannah.org/madina/index.php?topic=3725.msg17567#msg17567

& Jill : <Stay tuned, she is getting ready - putting mascara in her eyes!>  Tongue

Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2010 05:55 PM »

Oh no brother, I was not questioning your reasons..lol I am still learning. I trust you guys to help me on that path Wink

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2010 07:36 AM »

Salam,

Just recently the subject of dogs came up in one of the classes i was attending, and I took the opportunity to bring up the above hadith that sr christine asked about Wink The shaykh mentioned that it was specific to Madina at the time as there was some kind of outbreak of Rabies and that dogs are allowed for 3 reasons: 1. guarding 2. shepherding and 3. hunting. Also, he reminded us of the Hadith about the woman who was a prostitute and out of her kindness gave a starving dog some water, and because of that act was entered into Jannah. So we should be kind to dogs!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: