Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

This is how the world ends, not with a bang, but a day of judgement.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Overheard in the chat...:D  (Read 11207 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Feb 16, 2010 07:42 AM »

Salaam,

You know those sites that are like "Overhead in the subway..." thought we'd start our own of funny quotes. I couldn't resist putting this one up:

BrKhalid: Okay but I'm having the hat!! ;-)

lol that's the only line there... *wonder what that conversation was about Wink
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2010 06:06 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

lol

Just goes to sure we should always be on guard whenever we open our mouths / place fingers on the keyboard bro

I mean in this day and age everyone won’t take what you say at face value, they will try to ascertain the context of what you say and will give you the benefit of the doubt right? Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2010 06:24 AM »

here's another:

jannah: he has alot of knowledge of how mosques are ruin in the middle east
 jannah: ruin= run
 jannah: fruedian slip lol
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2010 07:36 AM »

More funnies:

kaifa haaluk
    : Walaikum salam, alhamdulillah, wa anta/
i think i'm an anti
but i'll say alhamdulllah Smiley lol
    :lol...and there I was trying to be gracious by not calling you an aunty:)
    : No no, yes you are right
well i'm an aunt 3xs over so no worries
    : I'm only an uncle twice so I guess there's hope for me yet!!
    : Mind you they are twins so maybe I should double that

PPL we also have very deep discussions on the prophet saw and things like that so join next time ur free! Ok thank u, come again.
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2010 10:13 PM »

I went in to check it out Smiley I miss everyone .. but still I did laugh and enjoy this:

(03:33:12) BrKhalid: I much prefer being unplugged
(03:33:45) jannah: id love to try it one day

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2010 12:14 AM »

ws,

hehe we were discussing how we're always so technology oriented...computers, internet, iphones, cellphones etc etc... we never seem to be able to unplug from everything and just take a vacation from it all!!! brkhalid wants us all to try an experiment where we're completely tech-free for 24 hours!
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2010 05:19 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

To be fair it was Br jaihoon who suggested having ‘No Tech Day’ along the lines of Mother’s Day etc.

A day where you don’t access your TV…Radio…Cellphone…Email…Facebook…Twitter and yes even jannah.org Wink

We also mentioned how interesting it was that Islam forces you to ‘unplug’ at least 5 times a day, whereby not even talking is allowed during prayer.

One of the problems we all have, however, is that sometimes we fail to fully switch off during our prayers because we only hit the ‘standby’ button instead of actually taking the plug out.

As ever technology (and in extension, the world in general) is not necessarily bad but our use and experience thereof can often lead us into trouble.

Blessed are those Muslims who are able to ‘switch off’ whilst still being ‘plugged in’!!

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2010 09:41 AM »

salam

I couldnt survive a few hours without technology, I dnt want ot even attempt a day.

I know what you mean about being on standby, so I've developed a routine, befor I pray Isha, clean the house, have a shower, this ensures I'm calm and then I start praying, that way works far better than praying whilst trying to work out what I've forgotten to do for tomorrow....... I think Isha is my favourite salat- is it wierd to have a favourite salat?

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2010 09:23 PM »

I think Isha is my favourite salat- is it wierd to have a favourite salat?

Salam Sis Fozia - I hope it isn't wierd, because that makes two of us - Maghrib is my favorite!  Smiley
 desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2010 08:41 AM »

favorite prayer thats really one to think about hmmmm i think zuhr actually cuz it's the first of the 'day' and usually ur mind is clear and u've eaten lunch so somewhat well balanced and happy and usually can give some time to it. Smiley

jannah: shingles?Huh?Huh?Huh?/
WCoastbaba: we can that a latent infection . . its sleeps in the nerve cells
BrKhalid: Much worse in adults huh??
jannah: thought that went the way of pirates
WCoastbaba: same virus that causes chicken pox
WCoastbaba: but if it recurs in adults it's called shinges
BrKhalid: Shiver me timbers jannah....adult chicken pox is called shingles in some cases (is that right baba?)
(03:32:06) BrKhalid: Who said we never helped with revision in here lol

ppl... this is to encourage more ppl to come chat!  oldshaykh umm don't be scared of us really...
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #10 on: Mar 07, 2010 11:55 AM »

salam

you guys discuss shingles?? Well that's just ewwwww.

What time do these chat sessions take place, I'm usually the only one on the forum forget chat when I pop by.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Christine_1208
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Mar 08, 2010 05:49 PM »

I had shingles last april, stress is a factor. It is very PAINFULL! Who ever has is, May Allah ease their burden. Ameen

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #12 on: Mar 12, 2010 03:02 PM »

Can't resist posting this. Names have been change to protect the innocent/guilty.

x: omg a bug just was crawling on me
    y: i thought it was an alien
x: and i shook it off and now i can't findit!!
x: so now it's crawling around here somewhere
    y: do u want to inform the counter-terrorism force abt it?
x: they aren't good at finding terrorists doubt they could find a bug!
Christine_1208
Sis

« Reply #13 on: Mar 12, 2010 06:46 PM »

x: omg a bug just was crawling on me
    y: i thought it was an alien
x: and i shook it off and now i can't findit!!
x: so now it's crawling around here somewhere
    y: do u want to inform the counter-terrorism force abt it?
x: they aren't good at finding terrorists doubt they could find a bug!

OMG.. I laughed out loud at work.. hahahaha
Man that was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: Mar 23, 2010 01:39 PM »

Great quotes lol

xxx: brevity is d soul of wit

xxx: Following the recent passing of the Madina Reform Bill, we are pleased to announce that all Madinans now have access to full chat coverage irrespective of any pre existing addictive conditions Smiley

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #15 on: Apr 04, 2010 08:07 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

An indication of things to come perhaps? bro

X: but what happens if you get a text message during prayer

X: if you read that

X: does it invalidate your prayer?

X: how about email

X: how do protect your phone to only view a mushaf?

Y: Good point

Y: I can see iPhone fiqh classes coming up

Y: Followed closely by Blackberry fiqh and HTC fiqh

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #16 on: Jul 11, 2010 09:04 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

You know Ramadhan is just around the corner…..

x:I think I'll start a post tarawih treats thread....a couple of years ago it was krispy kreme doughnuts and last year I was addicted to hardees milk shakes post salah!!

x:Ramadhan is kinda like pregnancy, you get these sudden cravings for the strangest things!!

y: oh man delicious food threads

y: thats gonna kill us

x: I remember when someone posted a pic of gulab jamun and rasmalai

z: yeah, when I was at school i would have cravings for Laughing cow cheese (for suhoor)

x: And I'm like guys I’m fasting!!!!

z: lol

x: Oh..la vache qui rit

z: yeah

x: Very popular over here still!!!

x: Perhaps we should get all the foodie threads out of the way pre ramadhan!! lol

blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #17 on: Jul 11, 2010 09:09 AM »

salaam

hahahahah

last one is hilarious bro khalidd

all about da food!:)
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #18 on: Oct 08, 2010 03:29 AM »

Chat is now working again yayy so everyone join inshaAllah

whatrutalkingabout grouphug handshake joke
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #19 on: Oct 09, 2010 03:14 AM »

topic under discussion: chrome browser

y: IE and firefox aren't so user friendly
z: there was this one muslim guy here that kept going on and on and on about it
z: we were just like???
z: he was totally in love with chrome
x: lol
y: when muslims guys fall in love they reallllyyy fall in love
x: might have been paid to do it..lol
z: haha
z: u guys are funny
y: or that..
z: muslim guys only fall in love when their momma's tell them to
y: haha good one
x: hahahaha..now you're funny
z: oh man i wish brkhalid was on here
z: i wonder what hed make of that
z: hes the only sane voice around
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #20 on: Oct 09, 2010 04:51 PM »

LOL! You girls are too much - yes, girls/sisters in general . . just spend all your time making fun of us bro's (well, except Br. Khalid obviously) HMPH!!! Fine, be that way!  Wink

As for Chrome and the Madina - I have to use FF when I log on, because I still have log on issues, plus, the the smileys/messages that we can insert, don't show up in Chrome, but only in FF for me at least. The Madina is the only reason I still have FF on my computers. So yes, I LOVE Chrome  Tongue

Hope you ladies are having fun otherwise, at OUR expense!

BABA
 desibro

akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #21 on: Oct 09, 2010 07:13 PM »

hahaha..Baba bhai there was one sister and two brothers in that conversation.
But,whatever offended you was obviously said by the sister Cheesy
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #22 on: Oct 09, 2010 11:28 PM »

OOPS  Grin

Yeah, it makes sense now . .the bro was stating how we really fall in love with something . . I failed to notice it was x y and z . . 3 ppl. Oh well . . . but I don't take back what I said  Tongue

BABA
 desibro

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #23 on: Oct 10, 2010 07:44 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

topic under discussion: chrome browser

y: IE and firefox aren't so user friendly

Oh for the day when ‘chrome’ was referred to as a metal, ‘ie’ was an abbreviation for a simile or an example and ‘Firefox’ was a film starring Clint Eastwood Wink

Good to have chat back but there does seems to be a multitude of channels, I nearly got lost in them all!! bro

akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #24 on: Oct 11, 2010 07:21 AM »

http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20101010/982/tsc-rise-of-google-chrome-threatens-inte_1.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print

Jump to: