// What do you do when someone says merry Xmas?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “A house divided against itself cannot stand.” Abraham Lincoln quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when someone says merry Xmas?  (Read 3391 times)
doninapond
« on: Dec 25, 2009 01:36 PM »

?
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2009 07:29 PM »

salam

You say As a Muslim I don't celebrate Christmas, then you go all American and wish them happy holidays.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Ilyas
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ilyas has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2009 07:37 PM »

Asalam, I just say happy holiday. If it's someone I see regularly then I'll explain the situation otherwise give them a smile and walk off Cheesy

Masalam

Assalamu Alaikum
syid
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
syid has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2009 10:09 PM »

most times if the person who says it to me knows that I am Muslim I respond "you know I don't believe in that" and if the person don't know (which I can't see why not since I look like a muslim) I just try to give them a cheerful "hey how you doing" I try not to mention the word holiday or anything that they might think I'm giving any credibility to what they are celebrating.

LIVE YOUR LIFE FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH:
IF IT'S NOT FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH IS IT EVEN WORTH DOING?
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2009 11:56 PM »

I just smile and say Thanks... I don't celebrate christmas but thanks Smiley Hope you have a nice time over vacation etc... If it's a co-worker or someone I'll add I don't celebrate christmas but we do believe in jesus as a prophet but not that his birthdate is on this day etc and sometimes we'll get into a discussion about that and it's good dawah.

Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2009 08:20 PM »

Pretty much do the same thing as Jannah. However there are times I'll just reply Merry Christmas in return if I don't have time to explain. Most people with Christmas don't celebrate for religious reasons. I know many where it is just part of culture.

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
doninapond
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2009 11:23 PM »

I just say thanks.
I can't say I can't say it because I am Muslim, because I say Eid Mubarak to Kaffirs.
nuh
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2010 09:57 PM »

"Thanks."

Shocked
"You are going to burn in hell if you don't stop worshiping Jesus, the son of Mary, peace be upon him.
 Shocked
"Do you want to burn in hell forever?"
 Shocked
"Do you really think Jesus is a God?"
 oldshaykh
"May Allah, the Most High, forgive you."

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2010 03:28 AM »

Is that a joke???
nuh
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2010 04:03 AM »

Yes.

But with the right person it might make an interesting discussion so maybe no.
doninapond
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2010 04:28 AM »

Is that a joke???

No joke, I do really say Eid Mubarak to Kaffirs.
doninapond
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2010 04:31 AM »

Yes.

Even though I did it to make intresting discussions, it didn't. All that happened was they said Eid Mubarak back, or they hug me and say Eid Mubarak. Sometimes they get confused and say happy new year, thinking Eid is the Islamic New Year.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2010 10:57 AM »

salam

That reminds me, I was bid a happy new year on the Islamic new year by a non Muslim person at work!

Amusingly I was really busy when I was wished a happy new year and thought they were talking about the Gregorian new year, so I said it back and smiled until the person went no I mean Happy Islamic new year, it's today or tomorrow I think....and do you know what, I had utterly forgotten!!!!

There are sweet thoughtful people everywhere, and who knows who is going to heaven and who isn't, I'd not inform anyone they were going anywhere in the hereafter, at this moment in time I'm not even terribly sure what I'm having for lunch....and I'm cooking it!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2010 09:52 PM »

I wonder if before you were Muslim, if someone said that to you, do you think you'd find it interesting discussion??! I think I'd find it extremely offensive and hateful. I'd walk away and never want to think about Muslims again. Negative dawah for sure.

Yes.

Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2010 12:14 AM »

"Thanks."
 Shocked
"You are going to burn in hell if you don't stop worshiping Jesus, the son of Mary, peace be upon him.
 Shocked
"Do you want to burn in hell forever?"
 Shocked
"Do you really think Jesus is a God?"
 oldshaykh
"May Allah, the Most High, forgive you."

As I roll my eyes  Roll Eyes I think to myself (in a slightly sacastic sisterly type way a sister would be toward a brother)
Of all those on the board leave it to Bro Nuh to come up with those answers  Grin
shaa-ista
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
shaa-ista has no influence :(

« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2010 11:50 AM »

Salaams

I feel that when a christian greets you merry shristmas he is simply tryng to convey his happiness and good feeling to you too no harm intended and by simply replying to him merry christmas, you not losing any part of your islam but rather allowing him to have good christmas. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: