Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Apr 20, 2014 09:25 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prophet Zakariya (Zechariah)  (Read 2637 times)
womack
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
womack has no influence :(

b/w Fear and Love of Allah [swt]

« on: Feb 18, 2010 03:13 AM »

bisms
السلام علیکم ورحمۃ اللہ وبرکاتہ

I would Like to share the Short Description Of a Prophet send to the Children of Israel.

Prophet Zakariya  as[/size]سیدنا ذکریا علیہ الصلٰوۃ والسلام
Prophet Zakariyah as was a Noble Prophet send by Allah swt to the children of Israel to preach them from previous book Torah (Law).He was third last Prophet send to the children of Israel.His wife was sister of the mother of Mary as.Mary's father died at early age and due to Financial problems ,she was brought up under the supervision of Prophet Zakariyah as.Prophet Zakariyah was a carpenter by Profession.The years had taken thier  toll on the Prophet Zakariyah as.He became Old and bent with age , in his nineties.Despite his feebleness , he went to the temple daily to deliver his sermons.Prophet Zakariyah as was not a rich man, but he was always ready to help those in need.His one disappointment in life was that he had no children, for his wife was barren.This worried him , for he feared , there was no one after him to carry out his work .The people needed a strong leader for it they were left on their own they would move away from Allah's swt teachings  and change the Holy Laws to suit themselves.
Zakariyah as Talks to Mary as:   During one of his visits to the temple ,he went to check on Mary ,who was living in a secluded room of the temple.he was surprised to find out of season fruit in her room.Besides him, no one had entry to her room.When he inquired , She told him that the fruit was from Allah .She found it every morning.But why was he so surprised, she asked him ,Did he not know That Allah swt provides without measure For whom He will?
This noble Girl had opened this eyes to a startling idea.Could he not ask his Lord to bless him with a child in his Old age.Even if his wife was past childbearing age, nothing was impossible for his Gracious Lord!
Prophet Zakariyah as asks for a Son-Quranic:
Allah swt Reaveled : " At that time Zakariyah invoked his Lord , saying "O my Lord! Grant me from you , a good offspring.You are indeed the All-Hearer of invocation."
Then the Angels called him , while he was standing in prayer  in Al-Mahrab ( a praying place or a private room) , saying " Allah gives you glad tidings of John (Yahya) confirming (believing) the Word from Allah ("Be!" - and he was ! ( i.e Creation of Isa (Jesus) ,son of Maryam ( Mary) ,noble keeping away from sexual relation from women , a Prophet , from among the righteous."He Said : "O my Lord! How can i have a son when i am very Old and my wife is barren?" Allah said: "Thus Allah does what He wills." He said: "O my Lord! Make a sign for me."Allah said: " Your sign is that you shall not speak  to manking for three days except with signals.And remember your Lord much (by praising him again and again) and glorify Him in the afternoon and in the morning."(Quran :Ale Imran 3:38-41)

In the end time The Jews planned to kill him because they were not ready to obey his teacings , one day Prophet Zakariyah as came to know that Jews are on their way , he went into the jungle and found a hollow tree and hide himself in th tree.The Jews atlast came near to that place.On this Ocassion Allah swt displeased with his Prophet for that why didnt Prophet Zakariyah as ask help from his Lord rather than seeking help from a tree ,so in punishment Allah swt show some part of his clothes to the enemies and the Jews locate him in the tree.The Jews decided to cut the tree in pieces with cutter , immediately Prophet Zakariyah as realized of his mistake and pray for forgiveness ,Gabriel Angel as immdetiatley came to Prophet Zakariyah as and told him "Allah has accepted your plead and forgave you and now accept Martyrdom otherwise Allah will not enlist you among patient Prophet and the Jews cut the tree and martyred Prophet Zakariyah as.
Passage From Imam Ibne Kathir : Book : Stories Of Prophets And Commentary Of Ibne Kathir

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم:إذا دخل شهر رمضان فتحت أبواب السماء، وغلقت أبواب جهنم، وسلسلت الشياطين: البخارى:3103
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2010 05:35 PM »

Thank you brother. Jazzaka Allahu Kheiran.

I like how in Christianity Joseph (Mary's husband in -Christianity) is alot like Prophet Zakariya (pbuh) I find it interesting. Joseph was a carpenter. Prophet Zakariya's wife Elizabeth was actually Mary's cousin in Christianity. In Christianity Mary was taken to live in the temple by her mother Anne, till her cycles started. (Catholic story) It amazes me, but you can see how things were twisted....

Another point Christians (Catholics) believe in the immaculate conception. Which some think is Mary having Jesus without a man. But actually it was Mary's mother Anne who became pregnate with Mary (Catholic Dogma- To be created without original sin). Anne had prayed for a child to offer to the service of God. When she had Mary she did not understand what a female child could do. Anne kept her promise and took Mary to the temple.

Just interesting.. Thanks again brother. Smiley
Thanks!

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
womack
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
womack has no influence :(

b/w Fear and Love of Allah [swt]

« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2010 10:21 PM »

bisms
السلام علیکم ورحمۃ اللہ وبرکاتہ
The Story Of Prophet John (Yahya) as
Prophet John's childhood:Prophet John as was born a stranger to the world of children who used to amuse themselves, as he was serious all the time. Most children took delight in torturing animals whereas he was merciful to them. He fed the animals from his food until there was nothing left for him, and he just ate fruit or leaves of trees. Prophet John as loved reading since childhood.When he grew up , Allah swt called upon him.
O John! Hold Fast to the scripture (The Torah). An We gave him wisdon While yet a child.(Noble Quran Surah Maryam (Mary) :19:12)
Prophet John's Qualities:  Allah swt guided him to read the book of jurisprudence closely;thus , he became the wisest and most knowledgeable man of that time.Therefore, Allah the Almighty endowed him with faculties of passing judgements on people's affairs ,  interpreting the secrets of religions ,  guiding people to the right path , and warning them against the wrong one.
Prophet John as reached maturity.His compassion for his parents , as well as for the people of all creatures , increased greatly .He called people to repent their sins.
There are quite a number of traditions told about John as.Ibne Asaker related that one time his parents were looking for him and found him at the Jordanian River.When they met him,they wept sorely ,seeing his great devotion to Allah swt ,Great and Majestic.
Ibne Wahab said that ,according to Malik , grass was the food of John Ibn Zakariyah as , and he wept sorly in fear of Allah as .A chain of narrators reported that Idris Al Khawlawi said : "Shall I not tell you he who had the best food? It is John Ibn Zakariyah , who joined the beasts at Dinner , fearing to mix with men.
Why Prophet John as always wept: Ibn Mubarak stated that Wahb Ibn Al-Ward narrated that Zakariyah as did not see his son for three days.He found him weeping inside a grave  which he had dug and in which he resided." My Son! I have been searching for you , and you are dwelling in this grave weeping!" . "O father! did you not tell me that between Paradise and Hell is only a span , and it will not be crossed except by tears of  weepers?" He said to him: "Weep then my son." Then they wept together.
Other narrations say that John as said: "The dwellers of Paradise are sleepless out of the  sweetness of Allah's bounty; that is why the faithful must be sleepless because of Allah's swt love in their hearts.How far between the two luxuries , how far between them?"
They says John as wept so much that tears marked his cheeks.
Prophet's John as Love of Nature:  He found comfort in the opening and never cared about food.He ate leaves, herbs , and sometimes locusts.He slept anywhere in the mountains or in holes in the ground.He sometimes would find a lion or a bear as he entered a cave , but being deeply absorbed in praising Allah swt , he never heeded them .The beasts easily recognized John as as the Prophet  who cared for all creatures , so they would leave the cave , bowing their heads.
When Prophet John as called people to worship Allah swt , he made the cry out of love and submission , arresting their hearts with truthfulness of his words.
A conflict took place between John and the authorities at that time.A tyrant King , Herod Antipas , the ruler of Palestine , was in Love with Salome , his brother's daughter .He was planning to marry his beautiful niece .The marriage was encouraged by her mother and by some of the learned menof  Zion, either out of fear or to gain favour with the ruler.
On the hearing the ruler's plan,John as pronounced that such a marriage would be incestuous .He would not approve it under any circumstance ,as it was against the Law of the Torah.
Prophet John as cruel Death: John's as prounouncement spread like wildfire.Salome was angry , for it was her ambition to rule the Kingdom with her uncle.She plotted to achieve her aim. Dressing attractively , she sang and danced before her uncle .Her arousing Herod's Lust.Embracing her , he offered to fullfil whatever she desired.At once she told him: " I would love to have the head of John , because he has defiled your honor and mine throughout the land. If you grant me this wish , I shall be very happy and will offer myself to you." Be witched by her charm , he submitted to her monstrous request.John was executed and his head was brought to Salome,The cruel woman gloated with delight .But the death of Allah's beloved Prophet was avenged.Not only she , but all the children of Israel  were severly punished by invading armies which destroyed their Kingdom.
Passage From Imam Ibne Kathir :Stroies of Prophets.

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم:إذا دخل شهر رمضان فتحت أبواب السماء، وغلقت أبواب جهنم، وسلسلت الشياطين: البخارى:3103
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: