// Duas for Difficulty and Distress
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Whenever a tedious person sits next to me, the side on which he is sitting feels lower down than the other side of me." - Imam Shafi'i
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duas for Difficulty and Distress  (Read 24047 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Feb 18, 2010 09:26 PM »

When in any difficulty recite:

اللَّهُمَّ رَحْمَتَكَ أَرْجُو فَلَا تَكِلْنِي إِلَى نَفْسِي طَرْفَةَ عَيْنٍ وَأَصْلِحْ شَأْنِي كُلَّهُ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ

Allah humma raHmataka arjoo falaa takilnee ilaa nafsee Tarfata 3ainin wa asliHlee sha'nee kallahu laa ilaha illa anta

“O Allah, I hope for Your mercy, so do not leave me in charge of my affairs for even the blink of an eye and rectify for me all my affairs. Besides You there is none worthy of worship”. (Hisnul Hasin)

Alternate dua

حَسْبُنَا اللَّهُ وَنِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ

Hasbun Allahu wa ni3mal wakeel

“Allah is sufficient for us and He is the Best Guardian”. (Quran, Surah Al-Imraan)

Alternatively recite

اللَّهُ اللَّهُ رَبِّي لَا أُشْرِكُ بِهِ شَيْئَاً

Allahu Allahu rabbee laa ashriku bihi shai'an

“Allah, Allah is my Lord, I do not associate anything with Him”. (Hisnul Hasin from Abu Dawood)

or recite

يَا حَيُّ يَا قَيُّومُ بِرَحْمَتِكَ أَسْتَغِيثُ

Ya Hayyu ya Qayyoomu biraHmatika-astagheethu

“O Alive and everlasting One, I beseech You by Your mercy.” (Mustadrak Hakim)

لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ

Laa ilaaha illa anta subHaanaka innee kuntu minadh-dhaaalimeena

“None has the right to be worshipped except You. How perfect You are, verily I was among the wrong-doers.”

The Qur’an states that these words were recited when Yunus (peace and blessings be upon him) called upon Allah from the belly of the whale. Prophet Mohammad (Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) stated in a Hadith that when any Muslim makes this Dua via these words to Allah, then Allah surely accepts his duas.
(Tirmidhi etc)

It is stated in a hadith that

لَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللَّهِ

laa Hawla wa laa Qawwata illaa billahi

is the medicine for 99 ailments, the least of which is depression.
(Baihaqi in Dawatul Kubra)

It means that these words are so beneficial and useful that big/great grievances, depression and sorrow are easily removed in its stride.

Abdullah bin Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that Prophet Mohammad (peace and blessings be upon him) stated that if a person constantly makes “Istaghfar”, then Allah removes every difficulty, frees him from every sorrow and makes a means for him to receive sustenance from places that he never thought of.  (Mishkat from Ahmad)
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2010 10:01 PM »

لَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللَّهِ

Huh? what does that say? I can't read any arabic Sad

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2010 11:35 PM »

salam

it goes like this (kind of)

Transliteration: LA HOVLA WA LA QOOVATA ILLA BILLAHIL ALIYIL-AZIM
There is no power and strength except with Allah, The Grand, The Great.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2010 11:39 PM »

salam

actually just re read that, sr Jannahs just posted to
Transliteration: LA HOVLA WA LA QOOVATA ILLA BILLAH

I tend to recite the slightly longer version in my first post.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2010 04:23 AM »

I'll add some transliteration. Christine!! Anyone who can't read ARabic sooo important to learn! And you can do it.. I had a friend once who learned the basics in a month!! Please go to your local mosque. I'm sure you'll be able to find a sister willing to help you.
Christine_1208
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2010 05:34 PM »

Thanks Jannah for the encouragement. I have been working on it for a year. I have memorization issues. I don't know what is wrong with me. I just can't learn languages. I tried all in high school and college. I took Latin for 6 years, my teacher said. "I quit, you haven't learned how to speak or write at the level you should be" I was told I have a learning disability with processing languages. I think the is crap, but obviously something is not right. I still can't say my prayers in arabic. I keep forgetting the words to tashoud. Inshallah I will do it. I will not stop trying, just very frustrating. Sometimes I get upset and angry when I hear Qu'ran, just cause I want to learn and know what they are saying so much. I should actually ask a sister hear me pray so I make sure I am doing that right. I learned how to pray from Youtube videos. The arabic at the masjid, unfortunitly it is during a time when I am at work. They have Quran recitation, but I am too shy to speak infront of others.

Thanks Jannah, May Allah bless you and all my Muslim brothers and sister here on Medina Smiley

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2010 07:31 PM »

salam

We've been taught to recite;

Rabbe zidni Ilma
O Allah increase my knowledge.

Before school starts the children all line up to go inside and they recite duas and this above dua before entering school to begin the day, I still say recite it at random when I need to learn something new too.

Inshallah it will help you.

IME, some people have a language thing they pick up languages very easily whilst for others it's all Greek!

May Allah make it easy for you Inshallah.

Wassalaam

Christine_1208
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2010 10:07 PM »

Thanks sis.. I think I can say that Smiley I will start and continue to strive. Jazzaka Allahu Kheiran.

habibaAllah

Reputation Power: 0
habibaAllah has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Nov 10, 2011 07:31 PM »

flowersis JazakAllahu Khairun to everyone for this post. It's helping me so much, as a good reminder. I'm going through a very difficult time right now, may Allah make it easy and do-able for me, ameen!
Love,
Habiba
 flowersis

"And whosoever is conscious of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. (Quran. 65:2-3)
SlaveOfAllah
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
SlaveOfAllah has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2011 06:44 AM »

memorizing...la hawla wa la qawatta ilaa billahi

Asalaamu Alaikum
                             -SerigneBabs99
palipeach81
Sis

palipeach81 has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2012 04:35 AM »

Assalam alakium,
what does “Istaghfar” mean?
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Feb 20, 2012 06:13 AM »

wsalam,

istighfar means to make repentance (seeking forgiveness for any sins or transgressions. you can say "astaghfirullah" which means 'I seek forgiveness from Allah"

More Info:

Fatawa Islamiyyah Vol. 7
Repentance and Rulings Regarding It
pgs. 239-240

Question: Is it true that Allah Almighty forgives every person who says Astaghfirullah?

Answer: If a person says Astaghfirullah with a truly sincere intention to achieve forgiveness and if the conditions of repentance are met, Allah Almighty forgives that person; indeed, Allah Almighty loves for a person to do so:
"Truly, Allah loves those who turn unto Him in repentance and loves those who purify themselves."  {Baqarah 2:222}

The Prophet (sallahu alayhee wasalaam) informed us that Allah Almighty is as pleased when o­ne of his creatures repents, just as a man who finds his camel after he lost it while it was carrying his food and drink.  He searches for it, but since he doesn't find it, he rests under a tree waiting for death to overtake him.  Suddenly, he wakes to find the bridle of his camel tied to a tree.  He takes the bridle and he says, "O Allah, You are my servant, and I am your Lord."  Because of the intensity of joy he erred.  And nobody can estimate the level of joy except for the person who suffered similary went through this experience.

Allah Almighty loves that His servant repent to Him and seek His forgiveness, so He ordered us to ask forgiveness from Him in a number of verses in His book.  Istaghfar or seeking forgiveness means to seek Al-Maghfirah and Al-Maghfirah means covering a sin and overlooking it.  It is derived fro the word Al-Mighfar, which covers a person's head during battle and protects him from arrows.  So the root word combines the meanings of covering and protection.  Similary, Al-Mighfar combines both meanings~~~~~covering the sin and protecting its doer from it's punishment.
{Shaykh Saalih Ibn Uthaymin (rahimahullah)}
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: