// Back in 4 Rakahs Sign?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "The word "shams" (sun) is feminine, and "qamar" (moon) is masculine. The sun burns itself out to give light and life to everything around, and the moon is muneer, meaning it reflects the light. Within itself it has no light; it radiates the brilliance of the sun. So when we shine as men, the implication is that we are reflecting the glorious light of our women. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'aala be pleased with them."  - Shaykh Abdullah Adhami
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back in 4 Rakahs Sign?  (Read 2579 times)
AbdulBasir
Bro

Reputation Power: 8
AbdulBasir has no influence :(

« on: Feb 09, 2008 12:24 AM »

peace be upon you

I'm sure a lot of you have the same issue I do. You leave your work area to pray somewhere for five or ten minutes, and almost invariably people are running around trying to find you or inquire about your whereabouts because you've vanished. It's as if the whole world decides to look for you during that short span and it becomes a national emergency. Sure it's easy to tell someone "hey, I'm going to go pray" but in my job so many people come around looking for me it would be unrealistic to search out and tell everyone.

So recently I've wondered about putting a sign up or something, sort of like those "back in 5 minutes" things or something. Anyone have any ideas about what it should say? How bout for a sign to put on the door of the office like a do not disturb, praying, come back in x minutes type thing?  I don't have a real office and if I closed the door people would barge in all the time.

So I'm looking for opinions about whether you think it's a good idea or is there a better method? And any ideas of slogans to put up. Maybe if it's good we can market these signs Smiley

peace be upon you
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2008 05:05 AM »

wsalam,

I think it's a good idea to slowly tell people...'I'll be right back in 5 minutes, just need to pray'. They kinda don't get freaked out about it any more and believe it or not, they'll end up being the ones to remind you to go pray! I used to tell whoever was around or next to me at the time, that way if anyone came they could just relay the message to them. But it sounds like a lot of people come to your office. I have heard of someone who had a sign that said something like 'BRB in 5..praying'  what about something like 'do not disturb...praying/meditating....be out in five thanx!'

or how bout some doc-humor: DNR next 300 seconds thanx!!

Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2008 12:30 AM »

Asalamualaikum wrt,

All praise be to Allah.

Maybe you can use this as an opportunity to give some dawah to your colleagues.  You can explain the concept of prayers, and maybe wudu, and how it removes sins from a person and keeps a person focused on God throughout his day.

May Allah use you as a means of guidance for your patients and others whom you work with.

And Allah knows best.

Shaykh Abdurahman

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
AbdulBasir
Bro

« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2008 12:42 AM »

peace be upon you

I'm with you on the daw'ah thing Shaykh, but I'm talking about a repeated daily occurrence every day. Everyone at work knows I'm Muslim, knows I go for prayers.  But the world doesn't revolve around people's knowledge that I go for prayers that everytime they see me not there that they would automatically think "Oh he must be praying". I guess you'd have to understand my work environment, but that's the idea behind the sign.

Appreciate the advice! thanks

peace be upon you
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2008 05:20 AM »

salam

how about hanging  this sign on your door  when praying? i sketched this using illustrator, you can modify to your liking.

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2008 06:45 AM »

wsalam,

that's adorable mona!! i love it! i want to keep it and put it just on my bedroom door at home Wink

AbdulBasir
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2008 11:43 PM »

peace be upon you

Now that's what I'm talking about! Niiiiice....thanks!
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2008 02:56 PM »

peace be upon you

I am glad that Jannah and AbdulBasir liked the sign. Everyone else can use it as well.

Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2008 12:56 PM »

Salam alaikum

Um Aboodi, thanks for that, i think it is lovely!  Smiley

I dont have an office  Tongue, but I used to work in a very very busy casualty (ER), and man, can I relate!  It was really hard in the beginning, cuz EVERYONE, including the profs and my boss, would be looking for me at the exact time I would be gone. I just got paranoid about what a bad impression it was leaving...when one of the nurses, mashaAllah, "sister Mary, quite contrary"(sp?)...made a little sign (posted it on the docs meeting room door, where everyone ate lunch or hid from the patients waiting outside!)..the sign read: If you're looking for (insert my name), and you can;t find her, it's cuz she has a meeting with God.  You think you're stressed now, wait till you interrupt a meeting with GOD!  Wink So wait a couple of minutes and she'll be back. 

After that, they would always tell whoever was looking for me, that I was praying, and would be back.  Even when I wasnt praying, but needed to run an errand! Cheesy 

It helped that I didnt have to pray right there, we had a prayer room about 5 minutes from the ER.

We just have to get creative I guess. Thanks Mona:)

Salam
S.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: