Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 23, 2014 06:13 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: If dhikr be the food of love, play on.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jewels and more jewels!  (Read 4431 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Feb 02, 2008 06:01 PM »

We need some sparkling jewelery up in here to match our new outfits!!!!

(These are from Eros jewelery http://www.erosjewelry.com/ for anyone with the big buxxx.)
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2008 06:02 PM »

More pretty stones...
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2008 05:15 AM »

Oh yeah, anyone care to price this set now that gold is at an ALL TIME HIGH!! Wow imagine the grams...
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2008 12:00 AM »

CountlessBlessings
Sis

Reputation Power: 7
CountlessBlessings has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2008 09:21 PM »

As beautiful as they are to look at, I just don't get it.  I've never "gotten" jewlery or understood the appeal.  I cannot imagine spending money on, basically, decorations. 
Am I wierd?
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2008 10:11 PM »

Am I wierd?

Yes, very weird  Lips Sealed

They are aesthetically beautiful. Just pretty to look at. It's like saying you don't understand why something beautiful is beautiful!!! Ahhh no help for you there. Tongue

But seriously, traditionally bridal jewelery was very important because most of the time it was her Mahr, the most wealth she ever owned herself and gave the bride a sense of security. Her jewelery was always hers to do what she pleased with it and no one has control of it except her. If ever in need she could always sell her jewelery because it never goes out of style and in general the price of gold/silver/jewels continually goes up so is an excellent investment.

Also the connection between mothers and daughters and jewelery is quite interesting. Most of my friends and family wore something that belonged to their mother's 'bridal jewelery' on their own weddings. And it's interesting that Khadija radiahu gave her daughter her necklace upon her own daughters wedding. And when Rasululllah saw saw the necklace in the ransom for the prisoners in Madina he was quite affected.

Anyway onto to more pretty pics....
CountlessBlessings
Sis

Reputation Power: 7
CountlessBlessings has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2008 08:11 AM »

Oh don't get me wrong, I love looking at it, and I certainly see the beauty in it, and I even understand how it can make people look prettier Smiley  What I don't get is people actually spending vast sums of money on it.  or wanting to own it. 

um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2008 08:55 AM »

salam alaykum

What I don't get is people actually spending vast sums of money on it.  or wanting to own it.

sis countlessblessings, your husband is lucky eh?   Cheesy

mine is not so lucky  Grin
Umm-Binyamin
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Umm-Binyamin has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2008 01:20 AM »

Oh yeah, anyone care to price this set now that gold is at an ALL TIME HIGH!! Wow imagine the grams...

I'm gonna buy myself that =)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: