Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Apr 18, 2014 04:57 PM

News:

Double, double toil and tazkiyah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tarquin Hall The Case of the Missing Servant  (Read 916 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Mar 03, 2010 05:39 AM »

Picked up this cute little book at the local library. It follows an Indian detective named Vish Puri who sleuths his cases across the backdrop of Delhi, India. It reminded me a lot of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. Similar type of story line and genre, different settings. How these white British guys know how to write these foreign stories with this kind of authenticity and background I have no idea! But I enjoyed reading it and wouldn't be surprised if he has a 5 book deal or something...so just waiting for the next. Might be a little overwhelming for someone with no background on India at all, but then again it might be easier to ignore un-understandable stuff. The Indian English that some of characters use is really annoying to me but might not be for others. Anyway another nice read to enjoy!   reader bookworm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: