Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Friends, Rumi, countrymen, lend me your poetry.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: IOST Falcons Basketball Team  (Read 788 times)
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« on: Mar 03, 2010 01:45 PM »

As salaamu alaykum
I haven't been on the board much this past year because I started a basketball league in our masjid. It took every bit of my spare time.

We joined the CYO league which is a Catholic Youth organization. It is the only organized league in the area. There are over 20 teams that compete at Highschool/Varsity level. It was an honor to be the first non Catholic team to join the CYO. The organizers told us that many of the coaches would give us a warm welcome, but warned us that there were a few that were not happy at all to have us in their league.

Subhannah Allah our guys played hard. Most have never played before and I was amazed at how good they were. it was a rough beginning. They had no discipline and had never gone through a training. To give you an idea about how 'raw' they were. During the first couple of practices they would litterally walk off the court to answer their cell phones! Another example was when the coach first had them do the standard warm up lunges- they wouldn't do it because the felt they looked stupid!

Definitely they are our diamonds in the rough. So we have a long way to go- but I gotta admit there is a part of them I so admire. Even though they were loosing game after game- they never quit. They just kept coming back and played harder and harder. Alhumdullillah.

Lol... the last eight months have given me enough stories to last a life time. I have so many heart warming memories as well as heart tearing worries of our youth and how quickly we are loosing them. May Allah swt have Mercy on us and Guide us!

Here is a pic of our team.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2010 01:53 PM »

asak
Here is a pic of their away uniforms- pretty sharp!
# 11 is my baby!

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2010 07:31 PM »

(i resized the pics a little because they were a little big)

mashaAllah that is so awesome!! i can't believe Ali is so big now!! They're like men and stuff  :'( they grow up toooooooo fast!!
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2010 05:26 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

They're like men and stuff…they grow up toooooooo fast!!

From one kind of dribbling to another! Wink

MashaAllah Sr Kathy, I hope the whole season has been a wonderful learning experience for everyone involved  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: