// ‘Bearded, cross-eyed’ divorce case grips Dubai
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Patience: The Prophet said: 'No one can give a better or more abundant gift than patience.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘Bearded, cross-eyed’ divorce case grips Dubai  (Read 836 times)
moe19x
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
moe19x has no influence :(

« on: Mar 03, 2010 11:53 PM »

‘Bearded, cross-eyed’ divorce case grips Dubai

An unnamed Arab ambassador has successfully had his marriage annulled after discovering that his veiled wife was bearded and cross-eyed.

The case has gripped the once-booming city-state of Dubai, where old and new world still meet jarringly.

According to the Gulf News, the ambassador told a Sharia court that he was unable to get a look at his future wife’s face until after they had been married. On the few occasions when they did meet, she wore a niqab, which covers all of the face except for a thin slit for the eyes.

The man claimed that his mother-in-law tricked him by showing him pictures of his future wife’s sister instead.

Once he and his future bride, a physician, signed their marriage contract, the man described how he had kissed his bride. Once she removed her covering, he found that she had a surfeit of facial hair that he described as a beard, and that her eyes were crossed.

The court agreed that the man was misled, granting him his divorce. But it also refused to refund him the 500,000 Dirhams ($145,550) he said he had spent on jewellery and gifts.

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2010 09:35 AM »

salam

Can't comment on the lady's facial hair.

However, how easy is it to be an effective physician for a cross eyed person, surely a cross eyed lady would be very likely to make misdiagnosis and come to think of it, she'd prolly miss her patient all together as she'd be looking in the wrong direction?

There's got to be more to this than has been written, otherwise why would the groom have been refused return of the Mahr?

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2010 01:32 PM »

as salaamu alaykum,

umm that's why you're supposed to see your potential spouse before marrying them!  There is a narration in which a man came to the Prophet saw and told him about his engagement to a woman, and he saw asked him, 'Have you seen her [face]?' He said no and so the Prophet saw told him to go and look at her!

crazy people in the world I tell ya  oldshaykh

salaam
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2010 06:25 PM »

Totally agree with you Sis Se7en. That is very well-known hadith, so you would think people would follow it, though also, in some families, make that the only thing before marriage, so that can also be a reason for things to turn out bad as well. Quite a strange story - yes, should be more to it, before we can really make a real conclusion.
 desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: