// Useful things for Geekaholics!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: A learned man who doesn’t restrain his passions is like a blind man holding a torch, he guides others but not himself. -Shaykh Sa’di
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Useful things for Geekaholics!  (Read 2321 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Mar 07, 2010 08:21 AM »

Ok here are some useful things that I just found in gmail!!

- greader... is invaluable... just set it up and start subscribing to whatever blogs or feeds you find interesting. it's like a whole little world tailored just for you

- there's a theme (one with a tree) where you enter your zip/city and then whenever you login the background changes according to the weather!! so if it's raining your background is all rainy, if it's snowing it's all snowy... i love it.

-  I just discovered a TASKS link it pops up this little thing where you can enter things/reminders like -get the milk -send reply email to blah then once you do them you can delete them!

- google labs has a whole bunch of neat things to play around with. I discovered "canned responses" which is absolutely amazing. I can easily reply to people with different types of responses. This has been invaluable in organizing the online classes/retreats we have.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2010 01:29 AM »

5 Must-Have Islamic Apps For The iPhone/iPod Touch
http://www.hilalspark.com/blog-all/2010/01/14/4-5-must-have-islamic-apps-for-the-iphone-ipod-touch.html
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2010 06:28 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I can see how the popularity of these Apps are going to grow as more and more people get smartphones.

The Fortification of a Muslim and Masjid Finder applications seem particular apt (pun intended) for those on the go.

On a flip note, it is kind of scary that there is so much more information / resources available to us nowadays and the excuses for inaction grow fewer by the day!!

PS I’m still waiting for the official Jannah.Org App Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2010 02:47 AM »

Ok here are some useful things that I just found in gmail!!

there are also 'labels' which you cud use for tagging ur emails of common headings

If an email if of a 'to do ' nature, u cud convert it to a TASK for further reminder

I mostly use Greader for accessing this board. Very convenient

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2011 09:25 AM »

I found a great new PDF reader called SumatraPDF. It's free, extremely small and veryyy fast. So don't install that humongous bloated Adobe Acrobat Reader stuff ever again!!

http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2011 08:58 PM »

SO NEEDED THIS!!! Annoyed when you are typing a document and accidentally the palm of your hand brushes the touchpad, changing the position of the cursor in your document or accidentally clicking on an option. TouchFreeze is simple utility for Windows NT/2000/XP that solves this problem. It automatically disables touchpad while you are typing text. Like syndaemon on x-windows.

Download latest Windows binaries from downloads section. http://code.google.com/p/touchfreeze/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: