// Anyone heard of this desert plant?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Animals: A'isha said: 'I was once riding a difficult (slow-moving) camel, so I kept hitting it. When the Prophet saw me, he said: 'Be gentle, for gentleness adorns everything in which it is found, and its absence leaves everything tainted.' (Musnad Ahmad)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone heard of this desert plant?  (Read 1753 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Mar 08, 2010 08:39 PM »

Aslm.
Has anyone heard of a plant that grows in the desert it is sometimes called Kaf Mariam or The rose of Jericho.
It is sometimes used for "labour pains"
I would be interested if anyone knows anything about it.
Thanks.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2010 09:13 AM »

salam

I have heard of it and seen it.

Some people believe that if one submerges the plant at the onset of labour it will make the birth easier. I think it actually has real medicinal benefits tho, as a fertility treatment, and possibly for birth pain, but I think it has to be ingested for that. Altho don't start pounding it and eating it, as I'm just passing on bits I have heard about the plant.

I've never seen it open out, but apparently it becomes really big when submerged in water, and then it closes up again once it's dry.

It's also called the ressurection plant I think, Christians feel it symbolises the re-birth of Christ.

It's found in the desert.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2010 09:33 AM »

Yeah I'm not sure how it works...

I've seen it - they sell it on the streets of Makkah and Madina.

Like, Fozia, I've HEARD that you can turn it into a powder to help fertility (like eating it by the spoonful - which seems plausible).... or for labor - you pop the whole thing in a bowl of water, and as the plant opens up, so too does the cervix, and the baby is born easily.

I think it sounds absurd (like what is the connection, unless it's ingested or applied, or some sort of black magic is done with it), but that's just me.  I actually told someone that I think it's absurd, and she got really offended, and said that it will only work if you believe that it will work.

Soooo... good luck with that.

Maybe we should experiment! Anyone expecting anytime soon?

Wasalaam.
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2010 10:03 AM »

salam

It wouldn't work on experimentation, one has no idea what ones labour is meant to be like, so one persons fifteen minute labour could have happened regardless of whether the flower was used or not!

I've thought about this....yeah I'm sad

It would be easier to figure out whether as an ingestible herb it works. I drank gallons of raspberry leaf tea to help labour, and took arnica 2000cc.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2010 09:14 PM »

This plant is a diuretic. Hence why it can bring on labor fast. When you are dehydrated toward the end of pregnancy it can induce labor. Dehydration causes blood volume to decrease, which increases the level of oxytocin (the hormone responsible for contractions).

I would be careful about it. I mean Allah(swt) has this under his control, why be risky. I went into labor with Jared after trying all the stuff throughout pregnancy to make labor easy. I walked, drank raspberry tea till I looked like a raspberry, even had my husband be intimate with me to soften things. End result.... 3 days in labor then c-section. Went in Monday afternoon, had him Thursday 10:31 am.

A baby is too precious to try something like this. The baby will come when ready

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2010 09:19 AM »

salam

OK anything that brings on labour fast, is not good, it will hurt like the worst pain imagineable and then some, you'll want to rip your head off to distract yourself from the pain.

I was put on a syntocinon drip, and all of a sudden it was like bam, I was hit with the highest rate of labour pains and my body hadn't worked up to it.... I had nightmares for days after that I was still in labour!!!!!!!! Didn't make labour any more effective either, I laboured for sixteen hours and then they had to do an emergency procedure as baby and I were flagging fast.

Now if you want to take this plant as a fertility aid then I'd research it properly, if it's supposed to bring on labour it won't help get pregnant.........

Wassalaam

Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2010 09:00 PM »

I was put on a syntocinon drip

me too, it was called Pitocin and I had camel back contractions.. whatever it is, it was horrible!

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2010 12:26 AM »

Aslm Alk.
Would there be anything unislamic in keeping this plant and taking it out from time to time just to let it bloom?
Surely if someone wishes to do Black Magic they don't even need a plant their evil mind is enough,
Wassalm

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2010 12:39 AM »

Maybe this plant is used like psychologically or to almost hypnotize the patient.. like you keep watching the flower expand and you feel yourself becoming more and more relaxed and so on...

as for just keeping a plant... nothing wrong with keeping plants unless u think they have some kind of supernatural powers/abilities??
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2010 09:22 AM »

salam

I doubt there's any harm in keeping the plant...why would you want to take it out and put it in water ocassionally, just to watch it for something to do???

Seriously tho, if you are in labour, put the plant in water (if you must), and call the hospital....... I'm sure the plant works or not, but you don't want to give birth at home without any qualified person to help you (unless you've planned it that way).

Wassalaam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: