Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The first law of dietetics seems to be: if it tastes good, it's bad for you. - Isaac Asimov
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newborn baby abandoned outside mosque dies  (Read 1481 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Mar 09, 2010 04:21 AM »

This is absolutely horrible.  :'( So many Muslim couples would love to adopt a baby. Why would someone do this? And why did the police wait so long. Why wouldn't you check to see if the baby was alive??  :'( :'( :'(

==========================================
Newborn baby abandoned outside mosque dies
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article7053383.ece

A newborn boy abandoned outside a mosque died in hospital after police officers waited nearly an hour to call an ambulance.

Witnesses said that a tent had been erected around the baby’s body before officers realised that he was still breathing.

An investigation into how Staffordshire Police handled the incident has been set up by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

The child was found wrapped in a plastic bag outside the Makki Masjid mosque in Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent, on Saturday morning.

Said Ahned, 64, from Shelton, who discovered the baby, said: “I came in to pray at the mosque and almost walked past the carrier bag. I stopped and crouched down to have look inside and was gobsmacked to find a newborn baby. Inside the bag resting on the baby I was shocked to find a note that said ’Please bury him.’

“I called the police straight away and rang my son to get advice on what to do. The police turned up after 15 minutes. A policeman took a brief look inside the bag and presumed because of the letter the baby was already dead.

“After the first officer had looked in the bag no one checked it again — they just thought the baby had died. Then they told everyone to leave and we were moved away from the scene.”

Staffordshire Police originally issued a press release at 11.35am on Saturday saying that the body of a baby had been found.

It read: “At around 10.30 hours on Saturday 6th March, police were called to Bereford Street in Shelton where they found the body of a small baby. The area has been cordoned off and police are currently at the scene conducting inquiries.”

But at 11.56am the police message had been updated to read that the baby had been taken to the University Hospital, Staffordshire. Later, a police statement at 1.20pm stated that the baby had died at 12.30pm.

Police confirmed that the baby had been with a note urging a burial as well as an Arabic word for “thank you” and two £10 notes.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission said that the baby was found at about 10.40am and had been taken to hospital at about 11.30am.

A Staffordshire Police spokesman said: “The incident has been referred to the Police Independent Complaints Commission who are currently working to assess Staffordshire Police’s initial response to the incident.”

DCI Phil Bladen, who is leading the investigation, said that finding the mother of the baby was top priority.

A post mortem is planned to take place today.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2010 04:38 AM »

Tribute: Teddy bears on the steps of the Makki Masjid mosque in Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent, where a baby was abandoned in a bag

Baby left in bag outside mosque dies after police took 80 MINUTES to spot he was still alive

A baby abandoned on the steps of a mosque was left outside in the cold for 80 minutes by police officers who thought he was dead.

The boy was eventually spotted breathing as forensic officers investigated the scene where he was left in a carrier bag at the weekend.

He was taken to hospital where he died within the hour.

Witnesses told how the area was cordoned off and a white tent put up around the infant after police arrived at 10.30am on Saturday.

Shouts for an ambulance were heard around midday before the child was taken away in a police car.

By then, Staffordshire police had released a statement saying that a 'body' had been discovered at the Makki Masjid mosque in Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent.

Minutes after it was discovered the baby was still alive, an updated statement was issued to say a 'small baby' had been found and taken to hospital.

The baby died at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire at 12.30pm.

Staffordshire police have referred the incident to the Independent Police Complaints Commission which was yesterday investigating how officers could have failed to spot the child breathing.

It is understood a note found with the child read 'Please bury him' and contained two £10 notes.
Mosque: Police at the scene where the baby was left yesterday

Mosque: Police at the scene where the baby was found yesterday

Student Tarley Richardson, 24, said: 'The police got there at around 10.30am and started taking pictures and going about their business.

'There were what appeared to be forensics cops there, and they put a tent over the baby's body.

'But at about 11.50am, I heard someone shout: "Get an ambulance!" Suddenly police started moving cars. But before the ambulance got here, they bundled up the baby, put it in a police car and drove off.'

The child was found abandoned in temperatures of 5c (41f) by a teacher at the mosque's Saturday school.

Detective Chief Inspector Phil Bladen, of Staffordshire police, said the baby's death was being treated as unexplained.

The force refused to comment on its initial response to the baby's discovery.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1256212/Baby-left-bag-outside-mosque-dies-police-took-80-MINUTES-spot-alive.html#ixzz0heQJgLka
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2010 04:20 PM »

:'( :'( :'(  Angry Angry Angry

I won't comment further until I hear more, but I feel like when we do, its going to make us very angry, as it seems to be someone from the community given the note, etc.

Angry
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: