// How to stop talking about people behind thier backs?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me. -Imam Al-Ghazali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to stop talking about people behind thier backs?  (Read 1373 times)
safa
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
safa has no influence :(

« on: Mar 11, 2010 09:13 AM »

i dnt knw how to i try but it just happen s even when other people are talkingto me about someone  else in  a bad way i try to stop myself but it is hard when everyone aorund you does it? Huh?
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2010 10:25 PM »

yeah i get you...

i tried this last time i met some of the "housewives" in my circle. first off, i wrote on my the inside of my hand: "don't backbite"... sounds crazy maybe, but it actually helped - because it kept staring at me in my face.

secondly, i actually announced out loud "okay i'm not here to gossip today" at the first sign that it was starting up ... thankfully a couple of the other ladies were like "yeah yeah she's right... let's talk about something else"...

also... one group of friends that literally cannot stop themselves from gossiping - i just stopped meeting them regularly - unfortunately, their company is disastrous for my "no gossip" resolution ... so i've minimized interaction with them.

it's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hard. hopefully one of these tricks may help.
safa
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
safa has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2010 09:16 AM »

thnks so much im gunna try and do that i hope one day i don;'t feel obligated to Smiley
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2010 06:57 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

wrote on my the inside of my hand: "don't backbite"... sounds crazy maybe, but it actually helped - because it kept staring at me in my face

So that’s where Sarah Palin got the idea from? Wink

But seriously, it’s a very real issue (especially in the Middle East) and one I think people don’t realize until it’s pointed out to them.

Talking about someone in his or her absence is potentially a very slippery path.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2010 09:26 AM »

great advice Just one

Talking bout people bring s bad feelings about one another. I think if someone is going to talk about everyone in a bad way then when we are not in the room we will most likely be talked about too.
We have to remember that listening in on it is wrong also.May Allah swt help us
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: