Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

This is the winter of our dawah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dear baby,  (Read 1127 times)
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« on: Mar 24, 2010 11:09 AM »

Maybe we should all try writing letters to our kids... This is mine:

Dear _____,

You know that Baba and I absolutely love you to pieces, and we think you're the cutest little buttercup in the whole world.  There were a few matters I would like to bring to your attention though:

Would you mind keeping your volume down? I kind of worry about what the neighbors think about how much torture we employ to get you to reach octaves of that sort - even deafening for bats, I'm sure.  You scream when you're happy, sad, tired, scared, dirty, hungry, hurt, naughty - I mean, there ARE other ways to express those emotions, and I'd love to teach you, if you'd momentarily pause during your monosyllabic, high-pitched frenzy.  

Also, I know you're a smarty pants, and you know exactly when I'm about to use the "N" word, but do you mind not beating me to it, and saying "no no no", while shaking your finger and continuing to do exactly as you please?

While we're at it - what's up with your teeth girl? I can see them, and it's been that way for moooonths now. Can you just pop em out already.  You're worrying half the world, and while we both know you're able to chew and bite without them just fine, it would actually save us a lot of grief.

It would also be rather cool if you would stop referring to Baba as "Mama". I'm Mama, or Mom, or Mommy, or Ammi or whatever... but Baba is baa-baa... like the black sheep who has wool, 'k?

I love that when you're just about to get scolded, you turn in the opposite direction, raise your hands up in prayer formation, and say "Allah Allah..." I think it's frustratingly cute, especially when the prayer has a complete qiyaam, ruku, sujood, and a final duaa at the end ("Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen"), and especially when I have to wait for you to finish to complete my thought (which of course never happens, since we both end up giggling like schoolgirls).

Other than that, you're perfect, we're glad to have you as a part of our team, and hope that you will continue with us for a very long time.

With love,
Mama and... well Mama.

P.S.: Hey grumps, how about a nap once in a while?
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2010 01:29 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

While we're at it - what's up with your teeth girl? I can see them, and it's been that way for moooonths now. Can you just pop em out already.  You're worrying half the world, and while we both know you're able to chew and bite without them just fine, it would actually save us a lot of grief

Dear Mama

Well frankly what else do you expect when you don’t include dental in your health plan?
Wink

Kids….equal parts cute and frustrating!!

Of course we were never like that when we were young…….were we?  crib

PS You should save this letter and share with her when she is older  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2010 02:39 PM »

salam

Subhanallah, she sounds so cuuute mashallah.....

I agree, print this out and put it in her baby book or something, you'll forget too you know when she grows out of some of these things.

Hope she continues with the praying thing tho that is just so adorable mashallah, I'd forgive her most things just for that!!!! lol

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2010 05:30 PM »

This is the best "dear baby" letter I have ever read...

Please, please continue writing sister JustOne...every so often ... it was enjoyable read!

Waiting for your next letter...

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2010 09:19 AM »

salaamz

Aww shes going to LOVE seeing that when she is older!!!! InshAllah
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2010 11:06 AM »

To my dear baby Ibrahim,

A few days ago, your favorite toy broke.  I remember the day your Baba got it for you from the toy store.  He noticed that the baby toys we had for you, the rattles and teethers and little stuffed animals, were not stimulating and entertaining you anymore as your mind and body grew so fast.  He came home with a huge bag slung over one shoulder from the biggest toy store in town, and pulled out an array of colorful plastic toys that sang and beeped and moved and lit up.  From the very beginning, you were drawn to that little firetruck and loved to push the buttons on top and hear the songs it played.  That was over ten months ago, and still that toy is your favorite, now that you've learned how to make it roll along the floor and pull it along by the string.

But just a few days ago it broke, and no longer sings its songs and only weakly flashes its lights.  You came running to me and handed it to me, your eyes filled with expectation, as you always do when something happens to your toys or you need momma's help.  And usually Momma knows just how to fix it, and takes your toy for an 'operation', replacing its batteries and making it all better.  But for some reason this time it didn't work, and even when I tried my best it didn't fix it. 

You don't know how heartbroken I was, my love, when I saw the disappointment in your eyes and the sad look you cast at your favorite firetruck.  If only I could protect you from all the disappointments, sadnesses and worries that you will face in your life.  You don't know how huge that desire is inside of me as your mother, to shield you, and do everything for you to make you happy.  But in your little toy I realized my limitations, and that I can only ask Allah (swt) to protect you, and grant you every happiness in this life and in the hereafter.

Instead I find something else to keep you busy, to make you forget, and to return that sweet smile to your face. 

May Allah keep you smiling,

with all my love,
your mom.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2010 11:36 AM »

OMG what are you guys doing to us.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I don't think I can read any more of these!!
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2010 02:00 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum

…when I saw the disappointment in your eyes and the sad look you cast at your favorite firetruck

You can almost see him now with forlorn eyes wondering why his mommy can’t fix it for him this time  cheeruphug

What an emotion to go through when people rely on you but (despite your best efforts) you are unable to help  Sad

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2010 05:03 PM »

Kids….equal parts cute and frustrating!!
SO TRUE.

I did a letter every month for the first year for Lily and Jared. I love reading them and remember how and what they did at different times. That first year they do so much.

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2010 11:10 PM »

My Kiddo,

You're my Honeybunch, Sugarplum Pumpy-umpy-umpkin, You're my Sweetie Pie.

You're my Cuppycake, Gumdrop Snoogums-Boogums, You're the Apple of my Eye!

Kiss

PS: Leave it for mums to write emotional one's ; p

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: