// Traitor
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "People are asleep. When they die, they wake up." - Ali ibn Abi Talib (May Allah be pleased with him)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Traitor  (Read 1625 times)
Barr
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
Barr has no influence :(

« on: Mar 17, 2010 09:32 PM »

Assalamualaikum

OK, I may be a bit too late in watching this movie. But we rented this on DVD and we really love it. Amidst its hi-tech, spy-thriller ambience, I think it potrays mature and thought-provoking issues on terrorism, Muslims, Islam and the West. It has a good plot with surprising twists.

It was shot in 2008, and I am surprised why I did not read about it before.

It is way better than Syriana. And it is not an immature and preachy and pigeon-holing piece like the Pakistani "In the name of God".

Don't know why it did not receive any awards.

We like it so much we plan to buy it and lend it to our friends to watch it, inshaAllah.

There are things that they can substitute or improve on: eg. his non-muslim gf (my husband calls it "an interest", though.) And better casting for the Lebanese terrorist mastermind to actually look like one instead of a South Asian.  Roll Eyes

I am not a good reviewer but read about it here.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0988047/

Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2010 11:23 PM »

I agree.. I loved that movie, Especially at the end when the agent quotes Qu'ran.

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
safa
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
safa has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2010 10:02 AM »

I agree.. I loved that movie, Especially at the end when the agent quotes Qu'ran.
yeah that movie was really good, i forgot about it tho until now lol
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2010 11:51 AM »

A good one, showing some good aspects of 'moderate' islam.

safa
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
safa has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2010 12:26 PM »

A good one, showing some good aspects of 'moderate' islam.

true true
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: