// [FAQ] Why cant I use the chat if I just joined?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Do not speak much without mentioning Allah because you will harden your hearts. A hard heart is far from Allah, but you do not know. Do not look at the wrong actions of people as if you were lords. Look to your wrong actions as if you were slaves. Some people are afflicted by wrong action and some people are protected from it. Be merciful to the people of affliction and praise Allah for His protection." - Jesus (Peace be upon him)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [FAQ] Why cant I use the chat if I just joined?  (Read 4708 times)
safa
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
safa has no influence :(

« on: Mar 18, 2010 10:58 AM »

Q. I just joined the board, when I clicked on the Chat button I got an error, why can't I use chat!?

A.
You need to post an introduction to become a real member of the board. Then you will be able to chat inshaAllah Smiley  whatrutalkingabout

---------------

why cant i use the chat arent i a member yet???
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2010 06:04 PM »

Did you click on chat? And then what happens? Did you get an error msg?

safa
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2010 11:19 AM »

yeah, it said i cudnt use it, usser acces denied i think, Huh?
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2010 11:13 PM »

Ok try it now. I think you have to be a member for a little while and also have posted an introduction. It should work inshallah.

ws
safa
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2010 05:01 AM »

thnks sis
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2010 11:22 AM »

salaams all,
I wish someone could help me with the chat process....... Embarrassed Embarrassed. Meaning how does one get started with chat  Huh?. I will be thankful  Smiley

P.S (You guys gotta put up with a moron  bebzi )
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2010 11:59 AM »

Basically you just click on the link that says "Chat" from the main menu when you first come in.

What happens when you do that??

ws
peace
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2010 01:51 PM »

salaam  Smiley
the AJAX chat page opens on clicking the chat icon and the dot on upper right side alternates green and orange.
there is no response to any message that i type in the space given below and press 'submit'. Is there a way to know who else is online..........cos when i click on 'show online members' it just pops back my name...........
thanks Smiley
ws
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2010 02:43 PM »

Salaam Sis aazeen - forgive me, but laughed out loud at the last part of your comment - not making fun of you, but just sounds funny and cute coming from a (younger/little) sis  Smiley - it popped back your name because you were the only one online . . . the names of all people online will be on the right side, so if you didn't see any there, you were alone in chat. Also, if there are people in the chat before you click "Chat" you will see a number in brackets showing if there is someone in there, for example: "Chat (3)" if there are 3 people in there before you enter.

Anyways, again, soooo sorry about laughing, but just being honest. No, you are not a moron, I know what it's like . . . . . . this technology stuff confuses me a lot too and I end up having to ask what others think are silly questions.

desibro
BABA
PS you can still have fun in there on your own . . roll dice . . leave some funny sentences with the "describe action" button, so we might see them when we come into chat at some other time after you've left.
OMG I just saw you are from India . . . my family too! (Live in the US though)

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
peace
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Apr 08, 2010 04:08 AM »

bro wcoastbaba salaam,  thanks really Smiley Smiley
sparrow
Sis

sparrow has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Apr 08, 2010 10:09 PM »

slms all:)
i tried to check it out myself, but got a message saying i couldnt access chat.
im assuming that i need to be an...official 15 days over member for that?
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Apr 08, 2010 10:58 PM »

It's mostly that people have to post an introduction and hang out for a few days. Kind of like the 'buying a gun waiting period' so no one does anything rash  Cheesy

Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 25
Riat8883 barely matters :(Riat8883 barely matters :(

« Reply #12 on: Aug 13, 2012 08:42 PM »

Salaam alaikum.
Ok so I read this thread soon after joining and I waited and waited and waited and................................. Every time I go on chart I see its written something like access restricted. I use to think maybe because theres no user in the chat and today I was so lucky to see 4 users in the and I thought this was my chance. I go on chat and its asking for my password and username if I use the one I use to log in here its denying. Is it because am using a phone? Its not a smartphone anyway it just has the internet so could this be the reason?
Cinders
Sis

Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #13 on: Aug 13, 2012 10:38 PM »

Salam sis Riat,

Have you posted an introduction using a template sis? I think you need to do that before you can log into the chat.

Let us know if that works.

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #14 on: Aug 14, 2012 07:37 AM »

I got the username and password so I just hit refresh and suddenly I was in chat and no problems.... I was on an iPhone.

Try again and see?

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

« Reply #15 on: Aug 14, 2012 10:57 PM »

Thanks for those who helped am able to now. May Allah bless you all
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #16 on: Dec 20, 2012 10:00 PM »

When I click "Chat" the window opens but it says in red underneath, "You cannot access the chat", and it just refreshes the page saying the same thing when I enter my username and password.  Sad
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2012 11:54 AM »

salam,

Did you write an intro? I'll check and upgrade you, so please try again!!  Access to the chat is when a person has like at least 50 posts and has posted an intro!!  madauntie
Nature
Sis

Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2012 03:09 PM »

salam,

Did you write an intro? I'll check and upgrade you, so please try again!!  Access to the chat is when a person has like at least 50 posts and has posted an intro!!  madauntie

http://jannah.org/madina/index.php?topic=6556.0

:'(
Nature
Sis

« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2012 03:57 PM »

Thanks it's good now!
Nature
Sis

« Reply #20 on: Mar 18, 2013 01:59 AM »

When I click "Chat" the window opens but it says in red underneath, "You cannot access the chat", and it just refreshes the page saying the same thing when I enter my username and password.  Sad

The same thing has happened again?
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

« Reply #21 on: Mar 18, 2013 05:38 AM »

Sorry I can't post the link check out the announcement. Chat will be down for a while. Nothing has been said so I assume its still down.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: