Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

A dua on both your houses.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This..or That? :)  (Read 14086 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Apr 01, 2010 02:08 PM »

salams,

It's been awhile since we've played this game but I think it's time to bring it back!!  woohoo

Basically someone posts a choice between two interesting things, then the next person who posts answers it and gives a why and then asks a new question...

So here goes..............

Would u prefer.........

A vacation in Dubai?

OR

A vacation in Malaysia?

(don't forget the why!!)

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2010 04:36 PM »

salaam

I would prefer a vacation in Malaysia, because there is someone there I would love to meet in person and also, I would love to visit all the masajid that I've seen pictures of online. They look so beautiful . . .

Would you prefer . . . .

Lamb biryani

or

kebab roll with all the goodies (spicy sauce, fillings, etc?)

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2010 07:31 AM »

salaam,

kebab rolls because they sound interesting Smiley

would you rather be a social butterfly with lots of friends but average intelligence...

OR a brilliant minded genius but sadly kooky loner?
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2010 02:19 PM »

i'd rather be a social butterfly that's average bc genius loner's turn into the unabomber!!!

MAC

or

PC ??
saleem
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
saleem barely matters :(saleem barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2010 02:22 PM »

kebab because have not had genuine items in a while .....miss the old place...
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2010 02:30 PM »

Bro saleem you can only answer the last asked question!!! AND you have to ask your own question after that!

MAC

or  computer

PC

Smiley
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2010 03:29 PM »

PC.  That's what I started with and I'm an old fogey who doesn't like change!   oldshaykh

What would you prefer:

To watch a Science Fiction TV show/movie

or a Western TV show/movie?
Ilyas
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ilyas has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2010 04:30 PM »

If you mean reality shows and soap operas then I would gladly take the science fiction TV show/movie.

Would you rather get a high paying job that you can stand but don't like

or

a pretty low paying job that you love and find very fulfilling.   Take into consideration that you have to provide for your family.

Assalamu Alaikum
sparrow
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
sparrow has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2010 12:31 AM »

rightyo.
if the high flying job is really well paying...id do it for six months of the year to support the six month hiatus of doing what i love
i know. im cheating!:)

ok. if its just myself, id do the second option. if theres children.... it would be hard to follow my passion at their expense if its really......povertylining. so if im a single mum, id go for the first option. and pretend like anything for my children that its my passion...so they Dont Follow My Example.

who do you prefer?
cinderella

or

morticia addams?

se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2010 09:22 AM »

salaam,

morticia addams because I'm goth and dark like that more than bright and perky like cinderella Wink

A fun night out with good friends

OR

A cozy evening at home in front of the computer?
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2010 03:10 PM »

A fun night out with friends... u can always do the computer later Smiley

Abu Bakr ash Shaatri

or

Abdul Basit AbdulSamad

rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #11 on: Apr 03, 2010 04:21 PM »

Abdul Basit.

When I first converted, there was this woman from Jordan who helped me memorize the Quran and we always listened to Abdul Basit on tape.  Whenever I hear his recitation, I always remember our good times together.

Driving with stick shift

or

Automatic shift?
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #12 on: Apr 04, 2010 06:58 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Driving with stick shift

or

Automatic shift?

Hmmm…..there’s something to be said for the ability to a put a car through its gears and hearing the roar of an engine but, then again, there’s always the simplicity of an automatic when crawling around in traffic.

Tough one but I think an automatic just shaves it.

Day of Arafah

Or

Night of Power

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #13 on: Apr 04, 2010 01:23 PM »

That is a tough one man!!!

As someone that JUST did Hajj this past year, I will have to say Day of Arafah - because while you're there you get the sense that this feeling is for those few lucky ones that will be privileged to do Hajj in their lifetimes..... and it feels like it's slipping from your hands the moment it begins. It is an overwhelming experience.

Although I do have this soft spot for the Night of Power... it brings out a humility in humankind, I think.

But it's gotta be the Day of Arafah.

Scrabble
or
Monopoly?
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #14 on: Apr 07, 2010 11:37 AM »

Scrabble.......because thats the only one i know to play  Wink . Yeah I just heard a collective "dumb"!!

Who are better

Daughters
or
Sons

Lips Sealed Undecided
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #15 on: Apr 07, 2010 02:50 PM »

Salaam Sis aazeen -

Wow, well, no one is better, as long as the child is healthy, grows up to be a good Muslim/Muslimah, but right now, I prefer daughters (right now, I have nieces which I just adore, both in the US and India). They look so sweet and adorable in their outfits that my cousin-sisters (their Amma's) get for them- I mean when they are just 2 years old or so  . . .the way they call me "chachu" or "mamu" just melts my heart everytime. I too, wish I can have at least one daughter when I'm all settled . . also, this hadith came to mind that I recently came across -

‘A’isha, the wife of Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him), said: A woman came to me along with her two daughters. She asked me for (charity) but she found nothing with me except one date, so I gave her that. She accepted it and then divided it between her two daughters and herself ate nothing out of that. She then got up and went out, and so did her two daughters. (In the meanwhile) Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) visited me and I narrated to him her story. Thereupon Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: He who is involved (in the responsibility) of (bringing up) daughters, and he accords benevolent treatment towards them, there would be protection for him against Hell-Fire.

-Sahih Muslim Chapter# 44, Book 32, Number 6362

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Apr 07, 2010 06:10 PM »

ws,

where's ur question bro?? u answer and then u ask one!!
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #17 on: Apr 07, 2010 06:58 PM »

Oops, sorry Sis J - I know, I just got too into the answer, lol . . . . ok let's see . . . .

Quick trip around the world, stopping at major cities for a couple of days each

OR

Extended stay/vacation in city of your choice?

UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #18 on: Apr 07, 2010 07:39 PM »

Westcoastbaba beat me... (I forgot to press post 6 hours ago)...

Daughters.. (my nieces and my friend's kids) melt my heart whenever they smile and discover something new.. but it makes me sad when you know that every day that passed brings you closer to that day when you have to say goodbye... when they willl leave for their husband's home (or move out to that runned down condo in SOHO Smiley )

Current Response:
Quick trip around the world, stopping at major cities for a couple of days each..

How do you know what you like if you didn't visit the city before? It's like putting all your easter eggs in one basket... in an extended stay situation, you don't have the choice... you can always go back to the city you love in the world tour... and you can be better prepared to visit it again*

*The only exception is if the extended stay was to Southern and/or Southeastern Spain, in which case I would choose that over world tour Smiley

thobebro
    UBAB

With UBAB, it's all about the food...so:

Take out from a nice fancy resturant or dine in a nice family resturant?

Assumptions:
1.) Quality of food is the same
2.) Everything is Halal / no alcohol in either facility
3.) Wait staff / Cashier / Cook / Owner / etc is friendly
4.) The meal, time of day and day of week you have to choose is the same in either case

Please state any assumptions when posting a response Smiley

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
blackrose
Sis

blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #19 on: Apr 07, 2010 10:23 PM »

salaam

omg! I love this game and its been forever since we played

That is tough! Considering the quality of the food is the same I want to dine in because one eats meals at home most of the time anyways!

Hollywood

or

Bollywood
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #20 on: Apr 07, 2010 11:06 PM »

BOLLYWOOD!!!

Because of Rani Mukherjee - her smile, voice and those eyes . . . . .UFF  Smiley  *drools, tachycardia* (if only she was Muslim, argh hehe!)

And though I am a late bloomer, I'm Indian and my family is crazy about the movies and I've met Salman Khan (he came to my khala's house long ago with his mum)

Cozying up by the fire on a cold winter's night (with a good book for example or that special someone Wink)

OR

Fun in the sun (and possibly getting burned)?

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #21 on: Apr 08, 2010 01:41 AM »

cozying up with a book! (beaches have too many naked ppls!)

speaking of books:

fiction

or

non-fiction?

peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #22 on: Apr 08, 2010 04:05 AM »

fiction-----for non-fiction you can always look around yourself.......

so.......

would you stay in bed....
or
get up take your little one to school..... Embarrassed
blackrose
Sis

blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #23 on: Apr 08, 2010 06:38 AM »

salaam

hmm I would love to stay in bed but I Have to take the little one to school so take to school it is.

being alone

or

being w 'bad' company
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #24 on: Apr 08, 2010 08:40 AM »

Being alone - this is quite often my situation in Prague for me on the weekend nights - I don't like going to clubs and bar hopping until 4 am, thank you very much. So yeah, it's either going to see a movie, staying in and watching a DVD or eating out (though this might be among Indians/Pakistani's that I know here, at times).

To a somewhat distant destination -

Road trip

OR

flight?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
Print

Jump to: