// Facebook related stuff thread!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Among the marks of Allah's wrath against a servant is that He makes him busy with that which is of no concern to him." - al-Junayd
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook related stuff thread!  (Read 9170 times)
silver
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
silver has no influence :(

« Reply #50 on: Feb 13, 2012 10:53 PM »

I absolutely agree with the article. FB makes me sad. I need to stop using it.
silver
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
silver has no influence :(

« Reply #51 on: Feb 17, 2012 03:33 AM »

‎"You have to put a barrier between you and your distractions or they will become a barrier between you and Allah." -Sh. Abdul Nasir Jangda (while pointing at a cellphone)

I guess this applies to fb too.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2012 03:50 AM »

More crazy stories from FB!! Anyone invest in the IPO??  Shocked  shouldn't be so funny yet??

==================

Facebook Divorce: Woman Divorces Husband Over Facebook Dispute

An Indian woman is divorcing her husband because he neglected to change his relationship status to married on Facebook, the Deccan Chronicle reported on Tuesday.

Her husband, a 31-year-old businessman, reportedly told the court that updating his status had simply slipped his mind, as the pair wed only two months ago. But his 28-year-old IT professional wife pressed on with the divorce because she "couldn't trust him", high court advocate P. Subhash told the paper.

The judge reportedly told the newlyweds to undergo six months of counseling.

We've heard of Facebook causing marital strife before, but usually when a spouse has used the social networking site to reconnect with an old flame. Eighty-one percent of lawyers surveyed by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers in February 2010 said they'd seen an overwhelming increase in the number of divorce cases that used evidence gleaned from social networking sites like Facebook.

And though an argument over a Facebook relationship status may seem like a strange reason to split, it's hardly the weirdest grounds for divorce that we've ever heard. Click through these seven strange-but-true divorce causes and vote on which one that you think is the weirdest.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/17/facebook-divorce-woman-di_n_1525138.html
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 25
Riat8883 barely matters :(Riat8883 barely matters :(

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2012 09:57 AM »

I don't blame the wife. Marriage is one of the most times of your life. How can you forget to change your status? Unless you havent been online during the period. This facebook thats why I dont do facebook.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2012 07:45 PM »

lol riat i'm sure it's just an excuse and the real reasons could be many all culminating in her not trusting him!!  i think any wife would be mad over this, it's like if in real life her husband kept telling ppl he was single!! perfect use of our madauntie  smiley Wink

Nafs
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2012 10:01 PM »

^ lol really good point but I think it depends ON how much fb is used by the parties involved...but I am guessing they're into fb or whatever since he didn't say he hadn't logged on but said he forgot.

Idk. Crazy world.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2012 05:18 AM »

Yeah sounds like she tried reminding him a few times but he kept saying "he forgot" lol. Perhaps this is one of the reasons marriages have to be announced/have witnesses in Islam. You can't just go have a secret marriage, bc it opens the door to shadyness!  suspect
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #57 on: Jun 07, 2012 01:59 PM »

Facebook may be one of the biggest names in tech today, but the site will disappear in the next decade, according to one industry analyst.

Link: http://inboxtech.com/ugly-truth/facebook-will-disappear-in-5-to-8-years-like-yahoo-says-analyst/

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #58 on: Jun 07, 2012 04:10 PM »

Facebook is a billion dollar company despite the ipo fiasco. It's not going anywhere. Do you know there are more searches on facebook than on google!! That can tell you about it's popularity and how it has the lionshare of web users. It's definitely killed the web the last few years.  Social media is not going anywhere unless something "better" comes along. Why do you think facebook snapped up instagram. They're not going to let anything get in the way and contrary to that article they are focusing on mobile.
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #59 on: Dec 29, 2012 07:02 PM »

Sr. Se7en's blog post about what to put and hat not to put on Facebook - saw this on FB via Sr. Muslema and hubby Jamal -  Grin

http://cairocaprices.wordpress.com/2012/12/29/things-i-wish-everyone-knew-on-facebook-2/

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: