Madinat al-Muslimeen Community -  "WHAT DO U DO ALL DAY" Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 23, 2014 06:04 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: A rakah a rakah! My kingdom for a rakah!'

+  Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
|-+  Sis/Bros
| |-+  The Brother's Club Hangout
| | |-+  "WHAT DO U DO ALL DAY"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "WHAT DO U DO ALL DAY"  (Read 7302 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1248

« Reply #25 on: Apr 23, 2010 11:46 PM »

salam

Found it!!!!!

What Do You Do All Day?

A man came home from work and found his three
children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes
and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.

The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog.
Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one
wall.

In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of
clothing.

In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog
food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a
small pile of sand was spread by the back door.

He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had
happened.

He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels,
scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper
lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.

As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up
at him, smiled, and asked how his day went.

He looked at her bewildered and asked, "What happened here today?"

She again smiled and answered, "You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world I do all day?"

"Yes," was his incredulous reply.

She answered, "Well, today I didn't do it."

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2785

I heart the Madina

« Reply #26 on: Apr 26, 2010 03:57 AM »

Salams...

Hmm...Over the years I've learned that guys who are born and brought up overseas are just completely different. They have a different mindset/ideas/worldview about women, their role, Islamic ideaology about women and so on. This, curiously despite the fact that we are all Muslims. Is not all our Islam the same?, you might ask... But our opinions and interpretations, humor and values are completely different. It's just impossible to change their views.They honestly have to move to a Western country and live here for a number of years for their worldview to change, and even then sometimes it doesn't. Anyway, my advice for everyone is just to agree to disagree. At the end of the day, you're not marrying them and they're not marrying you, so no need to fight about these things Smiley

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reps: 159

Taubah

« Reply #27 on: Apr 26, 2010 12:03 PM »

Salaams,

People from different cultures think different correct... yet whose worldview is right or wrong is a different topic altogether.

I feel like adding a comment that might be considered below the belt, but I genuinely dont intend to say this as an attack or insult. i.e.

How many cases of disrespect for women, divorces and domestic violence have you seen around you? Were all those guys from back home? Secondly, aren't dads of most XBCDs from back home?

In short, stop generalizing!

Thanks.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2785

I heart the Madina

« Reply #28 on: Apr 26, 2010 04:39 PM »

wsalams,

Dads have lived here for ages. They've also raised daughters here. Their worldview is very different than what it used to be. For example my uncle in India has diametrically opposed views than my father does.

"Disrespect for women, divorced and domestic violence" has no monopoly in any culture unfortunately. I've seen it present in every type of culture/background. Anyways my point was that people who live in the "west" and people who live in "other countries" have different views and just think differently, to which you agree. So we'll leave it at that. 
friendlyandgeeky

Reps: 0

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2011 04:46 AM »

I agree with Jannah's reply that those brought up in the West are just totally different and I think it's a major factor in your situation. My advice would be to communicate about it, nicely yet honestly, and try to come to some conclusions.

Learn Arabic online at www.learn-how-to-speak-arabic.com, if you want the very best course teaching how to learn Arabic.
Siham
Sis

Reps: 233

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #30 on: Apr 12, 2014 04:43 PM »

Q: What do you do all day? A: Absolutely nothing... Cheesy

A Smile of Hope : Be kind to your women ! .. ! بسمة أمل : رفقاً بنسائكم

people who live in the "west" and people who live in "other countries" have different views and just think differently

No doubt! Al-hamdulilah that my husband was raised here in the US, otherwise we'd probably have big problems...  Lips Sealed

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
IsmiAnisa

Reps: 73

« Reply #31 on: Apr 12, 2014 07:42 PM »

This thread is funny, but not really.   Cheesy

Today I told my daughter, "Isn't today nice?  When was the last time we had a day like today the we could lazy around all day and do nothing?"
She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Mom, I have no idea what you are talking about.  We spent all morning cleaning, you still have laundry going, and you just said you are going to go clean and organize upstairs." 
 Tongue
But I feel like I haven't done anything but lazed around all day. 
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Madinat al-Muslimeen Community - "WHAT DO U DO ALL DAY"

Nostalgia racing theme by © Mustang forum. Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines