Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

This is the winter of our dawah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: UN's Response to the Recent Volcanic Eruptions in Iceland....  (Read 1163 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Apr 16, 2010 07:52 PM »

The UN has just announced that as part of its Climate Change initiative, Iceland will be hit with a $45B tax on the emissions from its volcano. Iceland's stock market takes triple-digit nosedive....

thobebro
   UBAB*

* Grin

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2010 11:49 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Poor Iceland!

They really have been through the thick of things recently; from one crisis to another.

The stranded passengers because of the closure of airspace just goes to show we never know what can happen!!!

And they planned and Allah (also) planned, and Allah is the best of planners

[3:54]

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2010 12:25 AM »

Anyone else get the eerie feeling that this is THE smoke - the sign of the day of judgement?Huh?

Skerd.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2010 07:59 AM »

salam

Anyone else get the eerie feeling that this is THE smoke - the sign of the day of judgement?Huh?

Skerd.

I riiilllly hope not, I like Iceland, so wouldn't want it starting from there.

You know Iceland recently passed a law banning all strip clubs! I like Iceland!

Besides if this is the end of times, I wanted to have met Isa (AS), if I'm still around for the end bit.

And there are still millions of us who know the Kalimah, and endeavour to adhere to the pillars of Islam best we can.......

Lastly, don't scare me, I have cheescake to still finish eating in the fridge!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2010 03:17 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
Sr.Justone, I was thinking about that too.
You might enjoy this post
http://brnaeem.blogspot.com/2010/04/is-ash-cloud-prophesized-dukhan.html

Wasalam
tq
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2010 03:41 PM »

salam

To add to the entire doom and ash... apparently Mount Etna looks like it's going to erupt too!!!! They're giving it a three month time span!!!

Sooo anyone wanting to travel  thro Europe, best stay at home, unless you're in the vicinity of the volcano!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
UBAB
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Apr 20, 2010 06:50 PM »

Skerd.

JustOne...

Thank you for the reminder - I posted the original message as a joke (as most of my posts), but I appreciate the fact you reminded us that the this is sign from Allah... it's not "the smoke", but a warning of it:

The Smoke
Allah says, ''So thou wait for the day when the heaven shall bring a smoke manifest surrounding the people this is a painful Chastisement.''  ( Surah-Dhukan)

Wasila-Bb-l-Asqa reported, ''I heard the Prophet saying, ''The final hour will not come until you see ten signs. '' (one of the ten mentioned was the smoke)  (Muslim)

It is clearly evident from the above verse and Ahadith that the smoke is a major sign of Qiyamah. It will rise and cover the whole world. The smoke will affect both the believers and non-belivers alike remaining for a period of 40 days and night. The believers will be affected a little as if suffering from cold while the smoke will enter the brains of the non-belivers and make them unconscious1.

Footnote:1) Hudaifa-b-al-Yaman/Tabari.

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Apr 26, 2010 04:15 AM »

Salam,

That's actually a very scary Hadith you posted UBAB. Indeed, I think we should look at things like this as signs of our own humanity and turn to Allah in repentance. Whenever we think we have control of everything with our technology etc seems like a sign is sent to us showing us who's really in charge!!
UBAB
Bro

« Reply #8 on: Apr 26, 2010 05:15 AM »

Salam,

That's actually a very scary Hadith you posted UBAB. Indeed, I think we should look at things like this as signs of our own humanity and turn to Allah in repentance. Whenever we think we have control of everything with our technology etc seems like a sign is sent to us showing us who's really in charge!!

true, true... a small volcano can cause Billions of dollars of economic damage 1000s of miles away...

As a minimum, we should at least review the lessons of Surah Dhukan...

thobebro
   UBAB

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: