// Cousin Marriages
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cousin Marriages  (Read 4632 times)
syid
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
syid has no influence :(

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010 05:38 PM »

as salammu alaikum, sister forgive me for my lack of knowledge but what is Ihya'?  a book or something? is it any way you can give me more info. thank you

LIVE YOUR LIFE FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH:
IF IT'S NOT FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH IS IT EVEN WORTH DOING?
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 22
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2010 08:58 PM »

As-Salaamu` alaykum,
Sure, it's a book called: Ihya’ `Ulum id Din, ‘The Revival of the Religious Sciences’
by Imam Ghazali (r.a)

Hope this helps insha`Allah.
W`s-salâm

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
syid
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
syid has no influence :(

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010 03:26 PM »

as salaamu alaikum, thank you sister for your help, may Allah reward you for your assistance

LIVE YOUR LIFE FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH:
IF IT'S NOT FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH IS IT EVEN WORTH DOING?
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2010 03:29 PM »

Salaam

A non-Musim teacher is not a role model for a Muslim child during his developmental period. For higher education, Muslim teacher is not a priority.

WEll Then don't expect Non-Muslims to fund it for you. If you take their money then they have a right to be involved
Iftikhar
Bro

Iftikhar has no influence :(

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2010 03:47 PM »

Salaam

A non-Musim teacher is not a role model for a Muslim child during his developmental period. For higher education, Muslim teacher is not a priority.

WEll Then don't expect Non-Muslims to fund it for you. If you take their money then they have a right to be involved

Salaam

The demand for state funded Muslim schools is in accordance with the law of the land. Muslm community is not asking for any favour. It is not only Muslim community, even Black community, Sikh anf Hindu communities are also asking for state funded Muslim schools for their own children.

Non-Muslim monolingual teachers are not role models for the Muslim children because they are unable to understand their needs and demands.  Majority of Muslim youths, educated by state schools are angry, frustated and extremist because of non-Muslim monolingual teachers.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2010 04:41 PM »

salam

Has it ocurred to you that many muslim teachers may well be monolingual? Language has nothing to do with Islam, a person from any country with any mother tongue can be Muslim!

If you don't like the language and culture, surely you should stay in Pakistan, where the language, culture and education are clearly perfect?

I agree there should be more Islamic state schools, however all state schools are subject to a criteria, all children regardless of religion are considered if they apply for a place, altho I dont see many non-muslim parents lining up to send their children to a school where they'll learn to recite the Quran for religious education!

So to sum up, we need more state funded Islamic schools, yes. We need these schools to be run by qualified Muslim teachers, regardless of the language they speak, these schools should be taught in English.

You do get schools which teach in a other languages eg the Lycee Francais but that is a private school and parents pay to send their children there (an obscene amount too), they're not funded by the tax payer, and why should they be, considering not everyone who isn't actually French wants their offspring to speak, read and write only French?

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Iftikhar
Bro

Iftikhar has no influence :(

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2010 10:30 PM »

Salaam

London School of Islamics is an educational Trust. Its aim is to make British public, institutions and media aware of the needs and demands of the Muslim community in the field of education and possible solutions.

Please visit   www.lonsdonschoolofislamics.org.uk  for more information on this complicated and crucial issue.

Human being is a product of his culture, language and faith. There is a positive co-relation between language and culture. If Muslims become notoriously monolingual Brits than there is a likely hood that they will adopt English culture. They will still be the underdogs of the British society. In the past they were victim of Paki-bashing in all walks of life by the British society in every walks of life becuase majority of them were not well versed in local accents. Now Muslim youths born and educated by British education sysytm are being victim of terrorism by British establishment. Thousands of them are being searched by Police in streets and many of them are behind the bar without any trial. A lot of Muslim youths are imprisoned by British courts on the slightest excuses. The number of Muslim prisoners is on the increase in British jails. When they come out of jail they will become real criminals and terrorists while British foreign minister has said that Muslims are law abiding and committed citizens.

Majority of Muslims are from Pakistan. Their culture and language is differnt from Bengali or
Gujrati or Turkish and Arabs. They have only faith in common. They only marry
among their own communities  because of culture and language. This is the ground reality.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: