Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 18, 2014 02:18 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Alas, poor imam.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hijabi FASHION!!!  (Read 30178 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Feb 13, 2008 03:02 AM »

Please do not view if you have problems with this topic. Thank you!!!

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2008 03:04 AM »

Thought these were amazing!!! This is from a Hijabi Style blog. It's so perfect next time I want to buy something I'm just going to check out her put together outfits! http://hijabstyle.blogspot.com/

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2008 03:19 AM »

Mo fashion....
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2008 03:25 AM »

SO CUTE!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2008 03:26 AM »

More Cuteness...
Hayah
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2008 11:52 AM »

peace be upon you

Aww sis thanks for making this thread hehe.. I'm glad you like the outfits I post! If you ever have any particular requests, you can always leave a comment on one of the posts, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible inshallah!

Love,

Hayah
CountlessBlessings
Sis

Reputation Power: 7
CountlessBlessings has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2008 07:56 PM »

I think I recognize those blue eyes from a flyer I found yesterday for this store, Tekbir.  They just opened a branch here in Rabat.
http://www.tekbirgiyim.com.tr/
Zainab
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Zainab has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2008 09:19 PM »

A month late reply but I had to say that some of those outfits are pretty amazing not excepting the strange (and fussy!) scarf styles of course  Wink

Wassalam, Zainab
Ode
Sis

Ode has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2008 04:11 PM »

Salam all,
this is from the magazine that I edit. Alia is a Muslim women magazine with a circulation of 25,000 and is read by some 100,000 people in Indonesia. Hope you like it :-)
Hayah
« Reply #9 on: Mar 16, 2008 12:42 PM »

Salam all,
this is from the magazine that I edit. Alia is a Muslim women magazine with a circulation of 25,000 and is read by some 100,000 people in Indonesia. Hope you like it :-)

Salam Ode,

Would it be ok if I posted some of the images from that magazine on my blog? Who would you like me to credit it to?

Wasalaam!
Ode
Sis

Ode has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2008 08:56 AM »

Alaikumsalaam Sis.
Please do so and credit Alia.
Salam
Hayah
« Reply #11 on: Mar 17, 2008 11:45 AM »

Alaikumsalaam Sis.
Please do so and credit Alia.
Salam

Salaam

Thank you so much! The pictures are beautiful! Does Alia have a website?

Wasalaam
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2008 12:12 AM »

Some more stuff collected... Click to make them big. Most of them are a big size so you can see the details!!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2008 12:15 AM »

Some more stuff:

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: Mar 28, 2008 12:17 AM »

And more...

kba
Sis

kba has no influence :(

« Reply #15 on: Apr 02, 2008 01:19 AM »

nice thread, this helps.

I am disappointed, I just came back from Pak, even though the taylor was told to make high necks, he made them low.  I would wear something underneath, but it gets too hot here. I guess I will send them back to Pak for adjustments (a friend is going)

I remember seeing (I thought it was on sister's Hijab Style blog) an ensemble of pants with matching vest coat (made from suit material), then the long sleeve shirt, hijab etc, which looked nice for work wear.  the clothing pieces looked like how Hjiab Style sister lays out the pieces of the outfit.

What would website would you all recommend to order those arm guards (like socks for your arms), that would not be too hot for someone in a city with hot weather (like me)

Hayah
« Reply #16 on: Apr 02, 2008 12:54 PM »

salaam

Sis kba,

You can buy cotton arm sleeves from here: http://www.al-muminat.com/hijab-accessories-c-22.html

They are based in the US but also ship to the UK quite cheaply.

Hope that helps!

Hayah
kba
Sis

kba has no influence :(

« Reply #17 on: Apr 20, 2008 02:00 AM »

salaam

Sis kba,

You can buy cotton arm sleeves from here: http://www.al-muminat.com/hijab-accessories-c-22.html

They are based in the US but also ship to the UK quite cheaply.

Hope that helps!

Hayah

thank you for the link. That will definitely help with some of my shirts, especially ones with flared sleeves. 

Nadiyya
Sis

Nadiyya has no influence :(

« Reply #18 on: Jun 06, 2008 10:21 PM »

salaam

Ok As many of you know, I happen to work at sephora, and when woman of all sorts of faiths come into work they are kinda dumbfounded that a Muslima could dress trendy. There is nothing wrong with covering in style if you ask me.

I've also  seen the Hijabi blog too, I think that the US could use some more stores friendly to sisters Smiley. Hard to find longer sleeves in the summer but who doesn't like a little bit of a challenge.

Nadiyya

When the world pushes you to your knees, you are in the perfect position to pray

Be Yourself beautiful, and you will find the world full of beauty
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #19 on: Oct 12, 2008 03:01 PM »

Thought this was so cute cute

rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #20 on: Oct 14, 2008 10:32 PM »

I thought the cartoon was hysterical! Cheesy

I'm mostly a jilbabi hijabi and a skirty hijabi.  However I've definately done the resourseful hijabi (sans the sock)when my husband  gives me all of a 10 second warning before he and his friends come barging in... Roll Eyes
Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #21 on: Oct 14, 2008 10:47 PM »

I agree the illustrations are hysterical.  I think I've been known to have the "bad hijabi" and "bad side burn hijabi" look from time to time;  possibly also the "what was I thinking" days and the "oh no! I can't see as it slipped over my eyes days (no illustration for those).  And on those "skirty hijabi" days I too think I've muttered something like "must not trip over hem; don't know how to fall gracefully".

Fa'izah
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #22 on: Jun 17, 2009 09:39 PM »

These are gorgeous ma'shallah!

http://zareena.ae/

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #23 on: Jun 18, 2009 10:29 PM »

Did you ever think you'd see Paris in a jilbab?! I think she looks stunning ma'shallah.

um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #24 on: Jun 19, 2009 09:36 AM »

salam

I think those long dresses look great and make everyone who wears them look great.

They are certainly more classic and more refined than those outfits that hardly cover the body. 
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: