Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 23, 2014 02:15 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: If dhikr be the food of love, play on.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hijabi FASHION!!!  (Read 30254 times)
kba
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
kba has no influence :(

« Reply #25 on: Jul 27, 2009 07:11 PM »

Here I am again attempting to get a few clothing pieces made for me..  my sister came from Pakistan at the beginning of the summer and well my request was not listened to, low necklines .....

she has a friend who has gone back, so she offered to help me and listen to my basic requests, no low neckline, not see through, buttons or something on a sleeve so I can still make wudu.

Any websites or pictures of clothng, that a taylor could follow?  I would like to make a few basic shirts. a few skirts and maybe 2 pants.  As for shalwar kamees, maybe a few?  but I rarely attend weddings, my last one was over a year ago, so I dont need major fancy.

If there is a place in Islamabad, that would be good too. the designers I see online are too expensive.  Thanks
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #26 on: Jul 28, 2009 07:27 AM »

My experience with tailors overseas is that they'll always mess it up. They always add those weird fobby things or cut stuff in the ways THEY think will look nice~~~!!! The only time I've really gotten nice things I like is when I gave them things I already owned and they copied it. And I told them to copy it exactly,without anything else. So maybe you can send your favorite 'shalwar tops' or 'shirts' or whatever and then tell them what colors exactly you want. Also try shukr's website for nice long well designed tops in various cottons maybe they can copy some of those for you?

take care inshallah
ws
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #27 on: Mar 29, 2010 08:30 AM »

Some new fashions that I was talking about in the wedding fashions thread...
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #28 on: Mar 29, 2010 10:38 AM »

I have a really good tailor in Islamabad.. he's so good that he knows he can charge right below the designer pay range and make a fortune.  His prices are fixed, so he won't charge you EXTRA, but you should let him know you don't live in Pakistan - so you'll get your clothes on time.  He charges about Rs. 1200 for a shalwar kameez (and dupatta) ... again, he'll raise the price if you want something extra (trousers is a good example, which he does very well).
His name is Ijaz (Evershine Tailors), and he sits in F-7 markaz, behind Kabul restaurant, underneath the textile shops...

He's REALLY good... but you have to ask HIM to stitch your clothes, and not to pass it onto his assistants.  And if you have samples for him to copy - even better.

And if you tell him that you want to wear MODEST clothing... he'll suggest the neck depth (usually 7.5 or 8 inches, depending on your size), and let him know about your wudu parameters - he usually puts in TWO buttons for that exact request.

If you want to get nice trousers made... for wearing it western-style... go to melody market, and ask one of the tailors who sew for men.  (Again samples would be nice)... they have fabric and everything... they even make great jackets.

Oops...just realized how late that advice came in... sorry sister kba Smiley
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #29 on: Jun 06, 2010 11:45 PM »

A few cute pics to add to this thread...
Sarah Amena
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« Reply #30 on: Jun 08, 2010 07:00 PM »

I want the orange and the Turquoise one! WOW! So beautiful
 goodvibes
UmmWafi
Sis

Reputation Power: 12
UmmWafi has no influence :(

« Reply #31 on: Jul 20, 2010 04:06 PM »

Sigh.....all these are gorgeous but they are for slim or skinny people
Christine_1208
Sis

Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #32 on: Jul 20, 2010 11:50 PM »

http://wegdan.com/web09/catalog/index.php?osCsid=b4db871418261d9a67ffb1e64cc9a2d6

Check these out... I would love to own some. Sparked some ideas to try with my scarves at home Smiley

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Glass Butterfly
Sis

Glass Butterfly has no influence :(

« Reply #33 on: Oct 02, 2010 07:39 PM »

They all look nice but I only like wearing plain hijabs not really colourful ones.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #34 on: Oct 30, 2010 09:46 AM »

Fabulous & Gorgeous The Sartorialist for Hijabonistas: http://www.hijabshigh.com/
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #35 on: Jan 25, 2011 06:06 AM »

Looks very interesting... eco-hijabs. Anyone have one??

http://www.greenprophet.com/2011/01/eco-hijabs-on-rise/
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #36 on: Jul 29, 2011 09:09 PM »

http://hijab-fashion.tumblr.com/

I love the hijabi wedding dress!

http://pearlhaya.com/zen/

http://www.hijabfashion.net/

http://welovehijab.com/

http://trendyhijab.blogspot.com/

http://hijabifashionista.blogspot.com/

http://thehijablog.wordpress.com/2008/09/14/hijab-model-yassmin-mohsen/

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Durafshan
Sis

Durafshan has no influence :(

« Reply #37 on: Aug 08, 2011 04:45 AM »

Asalam Walakum,
I started Hijab 1 year ago.... and now after seeing many of these Images I have got different ideas and ways of doing my Hijab!  purplehijabisis
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #38 on: Sep 23, 2011 02:43 AM »

nice muslimah fashion site! check out all the old posts of various collections...so pwetty! http://hungarianhijab.wordpress.com/
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #39 on: Sep 24, 2011 08:58 PM »

Love these! Can't wait to try some out:)
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #40 on: Oct 16, 2011 05:59 AM »

I didn't think any celebrity could top Paris!! But check out kim kardashian and her mom... what beautiful Kaftans and Abayas!!

Pics attached below!

This is where they bought them from apparently: http://www.marenaysol.com/shop/manufacturer.php?id_manufacturer=6
They're $150+ but sooo pweeety!! I would order "BYBLOS" if I was rich!! How bout you guys??   smileysis
In the Tunic category I'd buy hmm ISCHIA!! lol

tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #41 on: Oct 17, 2011 08:24 AM »

Ahhhh, It would be nice if everyone started wearing caftans/abayas. (I like KALAHARI, MARRAKECH, SANTORINI, TRIPOLI, and VENEZIA) thobesis
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #42 on: Oct 18, 2011 01:01 AM »

Ahhhh, It would be nice if everyone started wearing caftans/abayas. (I like KALAHARI, MARRAKECH, SANTORINI, TRIPOLI, and VENEZIA) thobesis

Those are great choices! My sis-in-law's friend is going to maghreb so my mom gave her some money to get something for me. I printed that first one out, hopefully she can find something like it ia!!!
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #43 on: Oct 18, 2011 10:29 AM »

salam

Those kaftans are gorgeous and utterly inappropriate for the current weather!

I want a fur lined hooded abaya made of reams of lined velvet, embroidered with black and red beading beading....then I need money to buy it! Roll Eyes

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #44 on: Oct 20, 2011 06:07 AM »

ws,

Kaftan's are originally for 'in the house' i believe, hence loose and comfortable, short sleeves and sheer and stuff. We're actually not supposed to wear them outside at all and Arabs do find it odd. Butttttt how can you not sooo pretty!

Furlined and velvet??! Is it that cold there already??   snow
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #45 on: Oct 20, 2011 12:45 PM »

salam

Yes I have icicles hanging off the end of my nose!!!!!!!!!!!

I now officially hate the air conditioning in here, I am frozen to the core..to the core I tell you!!! I've turned the heating on at home too, I expect snow soon. We didn't even get a proper summer Sad

I don't wear sheer short sleeved bits of flimsy chiffon at home either, we wear thick slipper socks and cardigans and thermals!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
palipeach81
Sis

palipeach81 has no influence :(

« Reply #46 on: Nov 06, 2011 09:57 PM »

Assalam Alkium,
I'm actually thinking about wearing the hijab. But I am having a hard time find black abayas that are not expensive and the ones that I find our too fancy. any advice?
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #47 on: Nov 07, 2011 12:23 AM »

wsalam,

Try ebay!! The prices of Abayas really depend on the fabric and if they're "designer" or not. You can find a huge range on ebay from $20-$30 to $200/abaya!! So keep looking and inshaAllah you'll be able to find some.
palipeach81
Sis

palipeach81 has no influence :(

« Reply #48 on: Nov 07, 2011 12:48 PM »

Thank you sister,
I am actually really excited to start wearing the hijab! I'm 30 now, but I always wanted to wear one since high school.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #49 on: Jan 13, 2012 06:20 PM »

Love this company's Abayas... check out their Twilight Collection:

http://abayacollection.com/index.php/mart?category_id=3&page=shop.browse&limitstart=0&limit=50

Here's my favorite... the first pink one..
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: