Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

If dhikr be the food of love, play on.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The End of a Beautiful Chapter  (Read 4540 times)
UmmWafi
Sis

Reputation Power: 12
UmmWafi has no influence :(

« on: Feb 13, 2008 10:32 AM »

salaam

My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.  I am still finding my way around. Would just like to inform those who know me that my beloved mother has passed away on Monday, 11th February 2008 (4 Safar).  It was a beautiful ending with her calling us all on Saturday and sought everyone's forgiveness and gave hers.  On Sunday, she rejected any offer of morphine and told us that she felt fine.  I was always worried about her not sleeping at night and feeling pain so that Sunday around Isya' she told me with a sweet smile that from that night onwards she will sleep.  Few hours later, she lost consciousness and passed away peacefully with my dad by her side.  Like she had always wanted.

Please make du'ah for her.  For those of you who still have parents, hug them, call them, kiss them today and say you love them.

Wassalam
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2008 12:21 PM »

peace be upon you

inna lilla wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.

ath-thama Allahu ajrakum sister. 

May Allah have mercy on your mother's soul and forgive her.

I have a dua in Arabic, and I am not good at translation. If anyone can do that, it would be appreciated.

As you probably know, the best thing that you and your siblings can do right now is make dua for her and give sadaqa (donation) with the intention that she gets the reward.

My heart fealt condolences sister Umm Wafi.

sofia
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
sofia has no influence :(

Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob thabbit quloobana ala deenik

« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2008 05:03 PM »

As-salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah, Sister

May Allah (swt) forgive her, grant her Jannat al-Firdaus.
She sounds like an amazing person, masha'Allah. I hope we can all leave this "chapter" peacefully.

-sofia

"My Lord! Increase me in knowledge." (Qur'aan 20.114)
"Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us, and have mercy on us, for You are the Best of all who show mercy!" (23:109)
"And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves..."(3:10)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2008 08:23 PM »

Asalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu,

Innalilahi wa inailayhi raajioon
May Allah swt grant her a special place in Jannaat al-Firdaus and may He make it easy on all of you.
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2008 08:34 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
inna lilla wa inna ilayhi rajioon.
May Allah swt give her place in Jannatul firdous, Ameen.

Wasalam
tq
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2008 09:50 PM »

wsalaam,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. Inna lillah wa innah ilaihi rajeoon. May Allah make it easier on you and your family and allow her to be at peace at last.

ws

The dua posted is very beautiful ma'shallah. Here's some of its meaning:

O Allah! Forgive her and have Mercy on her and give her strength and pardon her. Be generous to her and cause her entrance to be wide and wash her with water and snow and hail. Cleanse her of her transgressions as a white cloth is cleansed of stains. Give her an abode better than her home, and a family better than her family. Take her into Paradise and protect her from the punishment of the grave and from the fire.

O Allah! You are her Lord, you have created her, and you have guided her towards Islam, and you have taken out her soul and you know best about its secret and open deeds. We have come as intercessors, so forgive her.

O Allah! Surely my mother is under Your protection, and in the rope of Your security, so save her from the trial of the grave and from the punishment of the Fire. You fulfill promises and grant rights, so forgive her and have mercy on her. Surely You are Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.

....much more, very beautiful ma'shallah...

Ode
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Ode has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2008 05:09 AM »

Dear Sister Umm Wafi,
may Allah Ta'ala have mercy on your mother and grant you strength. I share your pain. It's been almost three years since my own mother passed away and I still mourn her, miss her acutely. When life overwhelms me (such as these past seven months when my mentally ill brother went missing and has yet to be found again despite our search for so long and so far and wide), I still cry out for my Mom.
Here is a piece that I wrote about Mom when she passed away; we are now both motherless daughters, Sis.

Of Faith and Death: A Muslim Woman’s Reflections on Loss

My mother: a fighter and a champion

Verily to Allah belongs what He took and to Him belongs what He gave and everything with Him has an appointed time

My mother, Surtiningsih Wiryo Taruno, died beautifully in my arms Tuesday morning, May 3, 2005, after a very long fight with an illness that had forced her to struggle for breath. My father and my sisters were present at her last moments, reciting the Qur’an to usher her into the Hereafter. I witnessed how she drew her last breath as gently as the sudden rain that fell outside the windows of the clinic where she had been treated for the past two weeks.

Pain had been my mother's constant companion for years, more so after she was diagnosed in 2001 with breast cancer, which later spread to lungs already ravaged by TB and other infections. She also struggled with heart and hyperthyroid problems. But she had never been idle or unproductive in her life.

She gave birth to nine children and raised seven of us to adulthood, always telling us that she would not care if our school reports were full of bad marks, but that she would never, ever tolerate wickedness and meanness in her children. She brought us up to be decent people and she raised all her five daughters to be accomplished women and fighters. “It doesn’t matter if you have a flat nose or if you limp, but you girls have to grow up strong,” she always told us.

She wrote dozens of children’s books, several of them jointly with my father, Soekanto S. A., who wrote more than 30 children’s books. In the early 1980s when President Soeharto’s intelligence agents spied on any Islamic movements or activities, she risked her own and our safety for da`wah by opening up her house for Qur’anic studies, She would stand outside on the lookout, in case any suspicious people passed by and noticed the gathering. She designed and had Muslim dresses made for girls so they could appear nice while adhering to the Islamic ruling on how a Muslim woman should dress.

She was instrumental in helping build the foundation for what is known today as the Tarbiyah Islamic Movement, because she basically supported the forming of the earliest cadres of that movement. She read the Qur’an haltingly because when she was a little girl growing up in a small city in East Java, she was not taught well, but she memorized a great deal of the translation of the Qur’an by H. B. Jassin. A gentle rain fell outside of the window. I gathered my weakened, fighter mother into my arms…

She was a devout Muslim, and this remained evident in her last days that were filled with pain and an incessant, racking cough. By her last day, she was struggling to breathe, even with the help of continuous oxygen, but she still said her prayers and she put her affairs in order. From her bed, she told one of my sisters to prepare food “for the guests who are coming.” She waved her hand toward the door and told us to open it because “the guests are coming.” She told us that she looked toward us with blessings.

In her last hour, she slid from her bed to the floor, still unable to breathe properly, but no longer struggling. She said she was tired. I stopped praying for her recovery and began to pray for a good ending, a gentle death. She slept briefly on my sister’s chest then she woke up and asked whether she had died. My sister said, “No of course you’re not dead, here, feel my kisses.”

At around 1 a.m., all the fight went out of her and I could see the change in her pallor. She became so white, her breathing became labored. We recited the Qur’an. My father sat in front of her, declaring how pleased he was with her, that she had his blessings, despite the fact that she was a much better wife than he ever deserved.

A gentle rain fell outside of the window. I gathered my weakened, fighter mother into my arms, and I whispered into her ears, “Astaghfiru Allah Al-`Azhim, la ilaha illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah. Please God forgive me. We testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.” This was the prayer that the Prophet Muhammad taught Muslims to recite to somebody on their deathbed.

Her breathing became even slower, and a long sigh escaped her open lips. That was her last breath. I placed my right hand on her heart and felt no beating. I touched her wrist and found no pulse. The doctor came in to confirm what I knew already, that my mother had passed on.

The rain stopped and peace descended upon my beautiful, beautiful, Muslimah mujahidah. I placed my lips on her forehead, now no longer marred by the frowns that resulted from having to endure so much pain, and whispered, “Raditu billahi Rabba, wa bil-Islami deena, wa bi Muhammadin nabiya wa rasula. I accept and am pleased that Allah is my God, that Islam is my religion, and that Muhammad is my Prophet and Messenger.”

Her five daughters and two daughters-in-law bathed her after the Fajr Prayer and we said prayers to send her off, flying through the seven skies in the protective hands of the angels. We laid her to rest and told her we would continue with the jihad to be good Muslims.

Beloved mom, till we meet again.

lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2008 02:13 PM »

salaam Sis,

Inna lihah wa inna ilahi rajioon...indeed your mom must have a beautiful soul. May Allah swt forgive her of all her sins and give her a place in paradise.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

with love and peace always..
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2008 05:57 PM »

As-Salaamu `alaykum,
Dear Sr. UmmWafi,

May Allah(SubHana Wa Ta`ala) have Mercy on your beloved Mother and grant her Paradise.
Ameen ya rab.

Take care habibty,
W`salaam.

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2008 05:47 AM »

Assalaam Allaikum Sr. UmmWafi,
May Allah have mercy for you mom and grant you and your father
comfort and peace.
Sorry to hear about your loss.
azizah
Marcie
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Marcie has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2008 03:24 AM »

As salamu alaykum Sister Um Wafi,

Insha'Allah, your mother will be granted a place in paradise. 

Not a day goes by that I don't think of my own mother and how truly blessed I was.  My heart goes out to you and your family.

Was salam,
Marcie
umm ibraheem
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
umm ibraheem has no influence :(

« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2008 03:52 AM »

Inna lillah wa innah ilayhi rajioon

May Allah grant her a place in jannatul firdous.  You and your family are in my duas.
Barr
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
Barr has no influence :(

« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2008 04:18 PM »

Wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullah,

Inna lillah wa inna ilaihi raji'oon.

Ameen. Ameen to all of the du'as.

When I saw her last Eid, I was deeply saddened by the pain and hardship that she had to endure. I pray that the courage she has shown going through this has purified her and lifted her to degrees closer to the One who Loves her. And may she find tranquility by Him. Ameen.

My condolences to you and the family. May Allah continue and raise all of you in and with sabr. Ameen.

With love
:::barr:::
cat
Sis

cat has no influence :(

« Reply #13 on: Feb 19, 2008 11:53 AM »

[slm] Sister UmmWafi *hugZ* to you and very sorry to hear about your loss.  May Allah grant your Mother and all other Murhooms Janat Insha Allah Ameen.
a_desert_rose
Sis

a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #14 on: Feb 19, 2008 05:47 PM »

Assalamualaikum Sis. Umm Wafi,

May Allah grant your mother Jannatul-Firdaus -Ameen

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'oon

Wassalam,
a_desert_rose
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #15 on: Feb 28, 2008 10:47 AM »

inna lilla wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.

Sis UmmWafi,

May ALLAH SWT grant you the fortitude to endure the loss and May HE also give you the strength to move forward with her intact in your hearts.  I know that the beautiful memories of her will keep you going and make you smile sometimes.

Loosing a parent is not easy even when you know it is inevitable. May her blessings for you keep you safe and happy, and may she find her place in Jannatul Firdowsa, Ameen.

I haven't logged for quite sometime hence missed lots of things.  I just saw this today.

Wasalaam.

Halima

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
UmmWafi
Sis

Reputation Power: 12
UmmWafi has no influence :(

« Reply #16 on: Feb 29, 2008 11:07 AM »

peace be upon you everyone

Thank you very much for your beautiful words of encouragement and comfort.  They meant a lot to me.

Thank you also Sis Um Aboodi for that incredibly beautiful du'ah.

Wassalam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: