// Muslim Bachelorhood Documentary
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Muslim Bachelorhood Documentary  (Read 1691 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: May 10, 2010 07:47 AM »

Salams,

Thought this was a very honest funny mini-documentary of one brother's struggle. How long are ppl going to deny that this is a problem in our ummah. Everyone seems to shrug it off and say 'oh well everyone marries someone' so why worry about it. And then they don't bother to see the 50% divorce rate, the sisters that marry non-Muslims, rampant (and i'm going to say rampant) Zina among the youth, and all the marriages of ppl marrying the completely wrong person for them. Seems like we can't figure out new school halal ways of doing this living in the west. And all these other problems that are resulting. Sigh anyways, take a look:

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010 04:13 PM »

Salaam - Man, that was depressing . . I feel your pain brotha'! I laughed at the end though, lol. I wish that bro all the best.

As for your statement Sis Jannah -
rampant (and i'm going to say rampant) Zina among the youth

SO TRUE, sadly, UFFFFFF! I am going to say, I actually HATE this - we all have our personal struggles, but this and all that goes along with it, just seems far more wide-ranging . . its a like a disease with many damaging complications (sorry medical speak, hehe). It damages both people, their friends (or those who used to be friends, as loyalty issues arise and friendships break - I am witnessing this first hand here in Prague). It is clearly Shaytaan's work - both the zina and all the things that arise afterwards - good relations go bad, there is deception (towards parents), Shaytaan then uses this first step to introduce other of his tricks which only help you move even further away from Islam and the good that one's soul had before the Zina started. In part, the fault lies with some parents who make it hard for their kids to do things the halal way and don't even get me started on the double standard between sons and daughters (in part, in one case, in what I am witness to here). Baba Ali made a good video on this awhile back.

Anyways, I'll stop this rant . . . for now.

Great post Sis Jannah.

Doin' my best to be patient. May Allah (swt) Help me and my fellow brothers (and sisters) out there who are struggling with this issue or are just waiting until more doors open up for us ( = stability, responsibility, etc) insha'allah.
 desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010 10:01 PM »

aye, you're in Prague...all this time!? I'm coming!

joke

Seriously. It's all good people. Enjoy yourselves and all the good stuff you get to do as a single person! Inshallah you will be blessed with someone who can cherish you for you!

Much love
me
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: