// What happened to.....me?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." -George W. Bush
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to.....me?  (Read 1818 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Feb 17, 2008 08:04 AM »

I'm going through court proceedings for someone dying at my shift at a college
 placement. I'm so depressed. *sobs*. God is punishing me. I could of been content with
 who I'm and where I am but everytime I closed my eyes all I saw were those more
 accomplished.Things could get a lot worse and the situation I'm in with the court proves it. I have
 been telling myself with hardship there is ease. A little background on me.  I'm a grown
 woman who has yet to find who she is and where she fits in life. A wise person once said
 you can lie to others but never to yourself. I haved live a lie so much I rarely know
 what truth looks like. People have so many expectations as to how I should behave and act
 and that leaves me confused. Things would of been better for me if my parents hadn't
 blatently expressed their disappointment and remorse about my life all the time. I have reached
 the epitome of depression.  To escape I try to internalize others reality to identify
 with them. An academic would argue that my life would be a great case study for a
 criminology associated research on jealousy. I'm a very jealous person. However that is not the
 main reason why I'm here. I need your prayers and support so this case may go smoothly and
 advice to find who I'm and my purpose so I can experience genuine happiness.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Ode
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Ode has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2008 10:05 AM »

May Allah help you and give you strength. Please get some help for your depression.
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2008 06:39 PM »

May Allah help you through this and help you with your other issues.
Sometimes it's hard with family, if you've failed at things in the past they tend to
expect you to keep failing. Sometimes it really isn't failure, but a person just 'trying' things out.
To they own self be true. Old corny sayng but never was a saying so powerful as this one.
Accept responsability for what you in your heart know you should, toss the rest out and
move on. As to dpression and jealousy? Please go see a counselor.
Part of changing is accepting responsability with a sincere heart.
Yasin
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Yasin has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2008 08:23 PM »

I'm going through court proceedings for someone dying at my shift at a college
 placement. I'm so depressed. *sobs*. God is punishing me. I could of been content with
 who I'm and where I am but everytime I closed my eyes all I saw were those more
 accomplished.Things could get a lot worse and the situation I'm in with the court proves it. I have
 been telling myself with hardship there is ease. A little background on me.  I'm a grown
 woman who has yet to find who she is and where she fits in life. A wise person once said
 you can lie to others but never to yourself. I haved live a lie so much I rarely know
 what truth looks like. People have so many expectations as to how I should behave and act
 and that leaves me confused. Things would of been better for me if my parents hadn't
 blatently expressed their disappointment and remorse about my life all the time. I have reached
 the epitome of depression.  To escape I try to internalize others reality to identify
 with them. An academic would argue that my life would be a great case study for a
 criminology associated research on jealousy. I'm a very jealous person. However that is not the
 main reason why I'm here. I need your prayers and support so this case may go smoothly and
 advice to find who I'm and my purpose so I can experience genuine happiness.

peace be upon you

Allah is not necessarily punishing you... he could be trying to strengthen you in ways that would help you, or that you can help others with in the future.

Narrated Abu Hurairah: Allah's Apostle said, "If Allah wants to do good to somebody, He afflicts him with trials." (Bukhari)

Allah  swt also says in the Quran...

Do men imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, We believe, and will not be tested with affliction? Lo! We tested those who were before you. Thus Allah knoweth those who are sincere, and knoweth those who feign --Ankabut Verse 2-3

The Prophet Muhammad  saw was the greatest man to ever live, and yet he and his companions when through the toughest trials.

When the Prophet (peace be upon him) was asked which people suffered the greatest affliction, he replied, "The prophets, then those who come next to them, then those who come next to them. A man is afflicted in keeping his religion. If he is firm in his religion his trial is severe, but if there is weakness in his religion it is made light for him, and it continues like that till he walks on the earth having no sin. (Al Tirmidhi)

Allah also tells us in surah Baqarah...

Do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of Bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you?  They encountered suffering and adversity and were so shaken in spirit that even the Apostle and those of faith who were with him cried: "When (will come) the help of Allah?"  Ah! verily the help of Allah is (always) near! -- Baqarah Verse 214

Remember to have faith, Allah is all merciful and he helps us in ways we wouldn't even notice. It's not always punishment, Allah may want something good for you, but it may take a while before you notice it.
timbuktu
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2008 05:10 AM »

peace be upon you

May Allah help you.

Believe that what ever happens is for your good, and it will turn out good, insha`Allah, even though it doesnt look like that for decades. Some day it will fall into place.

You haven't said whether you are Muslim or not. There are duas you could pray, and Allah does listen and answer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: