Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "The science of hadith is the noblest means of attaining closeness to the Lord of the Worlds" - Imam Nawawi
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Learning from our mistakes  (Read 1283 times)
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« on: May 28, 2010 11:38 AM »

salaam,

Reminds me of when I first started studying Arabic and I said about someone 'Huwa ghaliy jiddan!' when I meant to say 'Huwa ghaniy jiddan...' lol (Trying to say 'He is wealthy' but said instead 'He is very expensive!'  Cheesy)

---

A Man once said to al-Hasan al-Basree (rahimahullah):

يَا أبُو سَعِيْدٍ
"O' Aboo Sa'eed!"

So he responded:

كَسْبُ الدَّرَاهِمِ شَغَلَكَ عَنْ أنْ تَقُولَ يَا أبَا سَعِيْدٍ
"The earning of Dirhams has occupied you from (correctly) saying 'O' Abaa Sa'eed'."

from http://theajaaroomiyyahblog.blogspot.com/

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010 11:53 AM »

sadly, it took me a few to get that Smiley

and there's no way i could list all the mistakes i've made in every language....arabic, urdu, french... english Cheesy
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010 07:59 PM »

salaam,

don't feel bad, nidaa is somewhat complex and one of the 'later' chapters one studies in the Arabic books and even many Arabs make mistakes with it.

the reason I got it right away was because many times taxi drivers have addressed abu ibrahim by saying "ya shaykhuna!" so I always remember that it should be "ya shaykhana!" just like if you read hadith it should be 'Ya RasulAllah!'saw

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: